Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust from one side only!

Hey folks,

I just had my carbs cleaned, put em back on my 84 GS400...it fired up but it seems to be only firing from one side? The exhaust is off the bike...could it be because of no back pressure? carbs? I'm pretty sure it was firing on both sides before! help...please someone telll me the cylinder isn't blown...pretty please

more input required ie was it running properly before ,why did you take carbs off what else have you touched
    ozman

Comment

Check your coil connections.
      Swap the plug boots to see if one has gone- they break down over several years.
      Swap the plugs between cylinders.
      Check your timing plate pickup wiring.

The motor should start OK with no pipes, but your neighbours will prefer you didn't do it at night. :-)

Kim

Comment

exhaust from one side only

Thanks Kim...got a new set of plug boots....back to purring like a kitty.

Guess I should have checked for spark first instead of freaking!

Matt

Comment

I have the pipes off of my 450 waiting on replacements. I started it up today and had a good laugh. If spongebob had a motorcycle it would sound like that. Sounded like it was blowing bubbles.

Comment

Re: exhaust from one side only

Originally posted by Matt
            Thanks Kim...got a new set of plug boots....back to purring like a kitty.

Guess I should have checked for spark first instead of freaking!

Matt
            I'll give you my boss's address.
            You can tell him I'm worth more money. :-)

'Course, it should really snarl like an alley cat, but purring is a good second best.

Kim

Comment

Working...
            X