Horn Wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn Wires?

I just picked up an '81 GS1100E, and am getting evertying checked out and street legal. One of the previous owners has removed the horns, and I need to replace them. I am wondering what color the horn wires are and where they are located. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

On my '81 750E, they're green and orange, and up at the front of the frame under the fuel tank.

Comment

horn wire

green and orange with green trace. but that is off a gs 1000 1979

black with white trace is ground for the horn switch.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I found 2 orange with green tracer wires, and a green wire in that location. However, after checking them, the two orange wires have 12v + with iginition on, and the green wire shows nothing. The horn button doesnt change the voltage at all. Any suggestions?

Comment

I would believe that the orange wires are hot (12v) when the ignition is turned on. Two would be for dual horns. The green wire should provide a ground when the horn button is pressed. You could test this with an ohm meter.
          1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
          2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
          2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I found all the wires, but still nothing was being switched by the horn switch, so I took it apart, and cleaned it real good, now everything is working, and my bike almost road ready! Thanks...

Comment

Working...
            X