Vacuum Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Setup?

How are all the vacuum hoses suppose to be? I bought the bike with the guy saying he had messed up the vacuum hoses after he replaced the throttle cable and I don't know how they are suppose to be set up. Right now, as it sits, it will start up, Idle, and run well at low RPM's but then if you gas it up it chokes out and dies like it's not getting fuel. Any answers?

i am not related to kreskan so please ad more info.
    year/make/model ect...
    also...
    was the air box removed and "pods" added?
    the only vaccum hose a suzuki GS 80-86 needs or has is the small hose going to the vacuum petcock"fuel valve".

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
      ... the only vaccum hose a suzuki GS 80-86 needs or has is the small hose going to the vacuum petcock"fuel valve".
      Actually, the '76 thru '79 bikes need that same vacuum hose, it's just connected to a different carb.

But, Blowerbike is quite right, the only vacuum hose on any of the bikes is the one that goes from the carbs to the petcock to turn on the gas.

He is also right in that we need more info. This time it didn't really matter, as it applies to ALL of the GS series, but ask any other question, and it will matter what bike you have. I see from your post count that you are new. Hopefully, BassCliff has found you and give you his little Welcome Wagon bit. Lots of information in there, it will take a few hours to read it all, but it really, really, really helps if you put your location in your profile (someone might be close enough to drop by and help you in person) and put your bike in your signature. That way you don't have to try to remember to put it there each time you ask a question. Your sig does not have to be fancy, with pictures and links and all that, just a simple "''82 1100GL" would do, if that's what you ride.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Okay, thanks for letting me know about the vacuum line. I was told by the guy I bought it off that it was the vacuums and also by some other people to check the vacuum system Suzuki uses.
        I put my bike into my sig so hopefully that will help a little. And just in case, it's a 1978 Suzuki GS750EC.

The problem it is having is tht it starts up and idles beautifully. But when I throttle it up, itchokes out and dies like it's starving for fuel. What do I need to look for to fix this?

Comment

Put the fuel petcock to "prime" and run it. Does it still starve for fuel? If yes, then remove the petcock from the tank and drain all the crud out of the tank and clean the screen on the petcock.

Comment

air box or no air box???
            if the air box was removed and the carbs not re-jetted then the bike would idle and low rev good but under a load it would bog badly like it was out of fuel.

Comment

Working...
            X