83 750e jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 750e jetting

As the title says. Its an 83 750e. Its the engine that says tscc on the valve covers. The po put a kerker 4 into 1 on it and it has pods. Main jets are at 115, suposed to be 117.5 stock. As you can imagine it runs horrible. Well doesn't even really run. I noticed today that it has way too much oil in it. So I will be draining the oil and changing it shortly. a dj3 costs around 100ish right? In your opinions would that be my best bet?

With pods and a pipe, the stage #3 kit usually hits the mark with some fine tuning. Who threw the 115's in there?

Comment

some idiot. lol. i dont really have the money at this time for the kit the jets in the kit equal out to be 122.5 mikunis. if i just put the 122.5 mains in what else would i have to do?

Comment

Hi,

The oil's over-full? Does it smell like gas? If the petcock is not working and the carbs are leaking, you could get gas in your oil. Not a good thing. You might want to check into that.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I don't believe it has gas in it. The po said that the oil was suposed to be to the top of the sight glass. But I will check. Althow when I had the tank off no gas was comming out at all. In on or reserve

Comment

You can use the 122.5s and shim the needle jet. May have stubborn studder that you can't lose but you won't blow up the bike.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

ok well i went to check on the oil problem just now and it smells like gas. what would my next step be? besides changing the oil and filter.

Comment

Fix the petcock, and while you have the carbs off make sure all the needle valves in the floatbowls are working correctly.
                Are you sure he stock jets are 117.5? If so wouldn't you need bigger jets than 122.5 for the pods and pipe???

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i thought i would need bigger than 122.5s, but i checked what size they had in the dj3 and it converted to the 122.5,

Comment

Small update. Plugs were fouled quite badly and it was only running on 3 cylinders. Between new plugs. Bigger jets. Shimming the needles. an oil change. And running some seafoam through her I think ill be in business

Comment

Working...
                    X