Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

back together, and she started right up! (but stalls at high rpms)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back together, and she started right up! (but stalls at high rpms)

tank stripped and painted, cleaned carbs, valves adjusted, new cam seals and valve gasket. a HUGE thanks to everyone who responded to all my posts- i had never done anything past an oil change before this. the bike would NEVER start when cold before, but now it starts right up!

just one thing.....at low rpms, the bike runs just like before. the problem is that when i fully open the throttle - when approaching rpms past 4 or 5 - instead of getting that burst of speed, it sorta just stalls. like sucking through a straw with a hole in the side. not sure how to better explain it.

any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting? the fuel lines? the intake boots, on the carbs? is there too much air getting in when the throttle is fully open?

thanks!

Is this a stock intake and exhaust, and did it run correctly at full throttle before you worked on it?

If so what did you change? Jets? Float level adjustment?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i believe it is the stock intake. it is the stock exhaust.

i did not change anything in the carbs, i just cleaned everything. i cleaned all the jets and float bowl, and choke intake. i did not mess with the float heights.

yes, before taking it apart, it ran very well, no hesitating. before, when fully opening the throttle, there was a burst of speed at high rpms. now, as i said before, it stalls.

Comment

Well something has changed. Does the petcock flow enough fuel?
        Vacuum hose to the petcock in good shape?
        You could try checking the fuel levels while it is running.

Comment

i took the petcock apart when i had the tank off, and it was clean and in good condition. so i don't think it is the petcock.

i will double check the connections from the vaccuum hose. i have seen a few drips of gas below the carbs, so perhaps the connection is good but not good enough.

rookie question - how do i check the fuel levels when it is running?

Comment

i took the petcock apart when i had the tank off, and it was clean and in good condition. so i don't think it is the petcock.

i will double check the connections from the vacuum hose. i have seen a few drips of gas below the carbs, so perhaps the connection is good but not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex M View Post

It's in the Suzuki service manual, do you have one?

Comment

Try it with the petcock on PRI. Check for a well sealed intake air box cover.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                X