front stoplamp switch goin nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front stoplamp switch goin nuts

My front stoplamp switch for my front hand brake is not turning on the brakelight. The rear brake will activate it though. I had to disconnect the wire running to it because it kept poppin the fuse. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas or where i might find a new switch if thats what i need. thank you

got mine from used motorcylcparts.com

Comment

stop lamp

sounds like a short. I would check the wires from the fuse box to the switch, then to the tail light.

Comment

Get rid of the piece-o-sheet stock switch and install a hydraulic. They're about a gazillion times more reliable, and they only cost $15-$20.

Comment

Re: front stoplamp switch goin nuts

The stop switch is still an available new part from any cycle shop. Mine cost about $10 from a local Suzuki dealer.

Earl

Originally posted by jnb921
          My front stoplamp switch for my front hand brake is not turning on the brakelight. The rear brake will activate it though. I had to disconnect the wire running to it because it kept poppin the fuse. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas or where i might find a new switch if thats what i need. thank you
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Same thing happened to me on the GS850.
            Get rid of the old switch and install a new one. Or even better: a new banjo bolt (M10x1.0) with built-in pressure switch.
            Any bike shop can order it for you. It costs just a couple of dollars more, but you'll never have any front brake switch problems again.

Comment

Working...
            X