1150 anti dive weeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 anti dive weeping

I have an 84 1150 ES with a weeping anti dive unit. I bought a spare one from Earlfor, but its now weeping as well. I used the new O-rings he provided, but it appears to be weeping from the top, below the adjuster knob.

I took the old one apart, and the cap where the adjuster knob is has a fork cap style thread. It looks about 36mm, and I was thinking of pulling out the internals and sticking a fork cap on that fits. Where the unit attaches to the fork isn't leaking

The bike has Progressives up front with a large spacer and braided brake lines. Any
    thoughts appreciated.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Hi,

Once Progressives are installed, many members have elected to disable the anti-dive. You'd have to search for the procedure and I'm not sure if it would solve your weeping, but it might.

At least I'll bump your thread again so that someone more knowledgeable might see it.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Basscliff for the bump. I have to admit I've never visited your site, sounds like a lot of folks have been helped by all the info there.

The anti dive in question does not have brake lines attached nor did it ever. Can anyone see a problem with allowing fork oil to pass through the two holes if a fork style cap fits?

Thanks for any thoughts.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

maybe its just sad?
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Yeah,
          It's sad because I prefer ride the Kat and the 1150 being a little porky with vague handling, doesn't help anyone's mood.

Comment

Mine just started to do the same, winter is here, I got spares, if i figure out anything I'l try and post.
            I think there are 4 metered orfices in that valve so I figure blocking the holes completely is probably not the best option. I don't even know what I leave it set on. (either 4 or 1)I have progressives and run 15w fork oil ...handles OK, the rear shock is kinda pogo-stickish on the lumpy roads though.
            GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

I think in theory the 4 metered orifices are supposed to do something, but when I go through a corner with a bump at the apex, it feels like the fork locks tight. Then the fork flexes, sends wobbly input to the bars, then pogos long after the bump. I put a Works Performance out back, but can't say the handling is very balanced. The front end needs to be figured out.

Comment

Working...
              X