Ghost gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost gasket?

Is there really no gasket between the upper and lower crankcase on a GS 750? I've been reading up on some threads here and just need another conformation before I split my case. Thanks guys!

Its not a preformed gasket, it is a liquid sealant that is applied and than dries and creates a seal.

Comment

Thanks Tarbash! I'll do some research on what brand sealant is best!

Comment

Originally posted by oshanac View Post
        Thanks Tarbash! I'll do some research on what brand sealant is best!
        Right here:

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Doesn't take much to do the job so use it sparingly. I use Yamabond because the Yammi shop is closest.
          If your cases don't come apart with LIGHT tapping from a soft face hammer and LIGHT prying, check and check again to make sure all the fasteners are out. There are several well hidden fasterners that can ruin your day if not found.

Comment

Thanks for the tip madjack-I'm apping (well, actually whacking it with the mallet. I need to check if I left another fastner as you suggest).

Comment

Working...
            X