Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750E 1981 - Swingarm question

Hello Guys,

I am kind of new to this forum and i really need your guidance to build a bike that i always wanted to have.

My unkle has a GSX E 1981 which for almost 17 years was sleeping in a garage.
    One day we decided to make this bike run again however although i had several ideas for this bike through my search in the net, my uncle was rushing to use this bike for going to his work so i had to make it quick.
    New carbs from ebay, new battery, tires, brakes, some plastics also fm ebay, tank from the 1100 model and with many care the bike was almost ready to hit the road again.

Unfortunately, something eas wrong with the motor and after 6 months almost we had a little engine prob - one of the con rods went off causing the engine to make bad mettalic sounds.

So now the bike will take the really place where it belongs once again.
    In my garage and the plan is as follows:

- take everything appart
    -frame painting
    -swing arm and forks mods
    -wider wheels and so on.

I have some really nice ideas from my search through the net.
    As far as it has to do with the motor i will decide later. Perhaps i will go for a 1100 motor.

My question:
    I saw many bikes with lots of modification to fit a swingarm from another model.
    What mods do i have to make and what are the criteria to choose a swingarm that will fit.
    I saw a bike which kept original swingarm and fitted a 4.5x17 wheel.

Any suggestions?

Thank You very much
    Chris

Ok i found out that one easy and good solution is to go for the GSX1100E aluminium swingarm

Like this

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Can someone pls tell me which model of GSX1100E i am looking for?

Thanks

Comment

1980 - 1982 or maybe 1983.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        1980 - 1982 or maybe 1983.

What he said .. 80-83

Comment

Thanks alot guys.

I laso saw one at ebay that the guy says that it is from Gsx1100E 1985

Comment

What they said, but be a little careful: the US models "GS1100E/ES" from 80-83 are all twin rear shock. In 84-86 the US model is "GS1150E/EF" is mono shock and is not a direct bolt on.

Using the Suzuki.org website it looks like the name "GSX1100" was used for a GS1150 bike.

Generally GS and GSX can be used interchangeably (between US and non US) in these early 80's but this is an exception I have noted.

The GS1100E swingarm uses a larger swing arm bolt than the GS750E so you either have to drill the frame to accept the larger bolt or get bushings made to use the smaller GS750 bolt.

Comment

Working...
            X