E, G Model High bars - the same bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E, G Model High bars - the same bars?

Been searching for a set of high bars for my 1980 750 ET. Would have prefered original fitments but there is nothing to be had in Oz. Thought I'd found an aftermarket set that were close, but on receiving them, they weren't. In fact they would be downright dangerous - way too much pullback.

so, ........... I'm going to try and get a nice set of original high bars from the US where they seem to be in abundance. They come up from time to time on ebay but haven't been in the greatest condition. everyone here on the forum seem to pull them off their bike right away for the lower bars - I'm going the opposit way!

Can anyone confirm that the high bars on the '78/'79 E models, the 80/81 750's, 1000's and the 80 - ? G models were the same bars, or are they all different?

Can anyone who has any of these bars lying around tell me the rise, pullback and width of them?

If anyone wants to sell over there, what money can I expect to pay?

Any finally, does anyone have a clean straight set they would be willing to post to Australia?

cheers
    Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2009, 08:51 AM.

I learned recently that the '82 850G bars are lower than the '80 850G bars - the later bars are lower by a couple of inches presumably because the seat is lower as well. I suspect you would find subtle difference between the various different GS bars but the differences are going to be fairly minor and measuring them is going to be somewhat challanging.

Good luck, I'm sure someone around will have something to help you out, maybe even someone from your area.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Someone had a cool picture of all the different handle bar styles....

Cant find it

You can do a search on the GSR tool bar for "Handle Bars" or "Handle Bar Pictures" and get some good ideas from other GSers.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

www.mikesxs.com lists handlebars, including info on rise and pullback (and they also post other useful stuff)

Comment

Handlebar dimensions

I just measured the OEM bars from my 1981 750E: W=30.5", PB= 5", R= 10". Attached (I think) is a table of various brands, descriptions, and published dimensions. Note that the SAME DESCRIPTION by different manufacturers are dimensionally different.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Hope this helps...
          Last edited by 81ZUKI75; 11-23-2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: updated link
          sigpic
          1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
          2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies

81ZUKI75: Your bars sound like exactly the ones I want - thank you very much for the table it was very helpful to have them all in one place. None of the aftermarket ones seem to come close to what I want.

Would be interested to see if the early G model bars are the same dimensions? If anyone has a set they can measure please let me know - it may widen my search scope!

I any case if anyone has a set of good bars the same as ZUKI75's original E bars (I'm guessing that the 750 and 1100 bars would be the same?)that they would be willing to part with please let me know!!!
            Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X