Carb Gasket Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Gasket Question

Im rebuilding my carbs and need to know if I need to put any gasket seal grease when inserting the gasket. I would think not as it may contaminate the gas but not really sure. Please help

Can use a tiny bit to hold the gasket in place if needed, but that's it. If you mean the float bowl gaskets they'll be good for another 25 years if you replaced them.

Comment

yes, float bowl and cover gaskets. Thanks for the reply

Comment

I would not put anything on the gaskets, just make sure surfaces are clean

Comment

If you read the label on the sealant sometimes they say not to use in areas around gas and oil. This is because the gas and/oil can dissolve the sealant - kinda like spilling gas on your asphalt driveway, it'll eat right through it. If that happens then you have a small gap between surfaces defeating the whole purpose. I'd just crank the screws on tight.

Comment

I tried using gasket sealant on my carburetors and was really surprised that your basic silicone water pump, intake manifold sealant dissolves quite easily in gasoline, or maybe gasoline with a lot of gumout in it.

Comment

Working...
            X