Rotor thickness 80 GS850G Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor thickness 80 GS850G Front

Jay, Cragar, anybody with a 1980 GS850G. Will one of you go out to your bike with micrometer in hand and measure your front rotor thickness for me? I had a set that were slightly warped(at the machine shop now) and picked up another set on e-bay. It seems :? like I have less pedal now but the thickness .200" is about the same. Maybe I need a set of braided lines for the old girl. Thanks, Bob

Hey Bob.

Just saw this post. I don't yet have a micrometer so I may not be of much help. This WILL be one of the items to grace my shop....just not yet. Sorry!

Cragar 8)

Comment

Although I have a 79 GS850, the rotors are from a 1980 type.
      I've measured 5.40 mm = 0.212 "

Comment

Hi there,

Clymer manual for the GS850 states 5.9-6.1 mm standard range, and that the service limit for the front disc/rotor is 5.5 mm.

0.200" (5.08 mm) seems to be a bit on the "worn" side.
        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
        1982 GS1100E
        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011
          Hi there,

Clymer manual for the GS850 states 5.9-6.1 mm standard range, and that the service limit for the front disc/rotor is 5.5 mm.

0.200" (5.08 mm) seems to be a bit on the "worn" side.
          That's correct for a 79 GS850 with solid discs.
          The slotted discs (as from 1980) need to be 4.5 mm (minimum), 5.0 mm/0.200" standard.

Comment

yes the 79 is thicker than the 80 up also the single disk is even thicker than the 79

Comment

Rotors

Thanks everyone, that's what I needed to know. This truly is a great bunch of people we have here Bob

Comment

Working...
              X