Lets talk rear sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk rear sets

First let me say that I searched but could find exactly what I was looking for. With that said, Im looking into rear sets finally but not sure which ones to go with. Im planning on going with some used GSXR units but there are some differences between models (obviously). I really want the left and right side to match so Id rather not mix and match between two makes/models but if I have to Im sure I can make them look similar. So, those of you who have rear sets, which rear sets are the easiest to mate up to my 78 GS1000? Any tips is appreciated.

BTW: I think we need to have an "Official rear set thread"

Tarozzi makes beautiful rear sets if you're looking to save the hassle of finding cross-overs. A little pricey, but they're bike-specific, work perfectly, and fit like a glove right off the bat. www.fastfromthepast.com has them.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
      Tarozzi makes beautiful rear sets if you're looking to save the hassle of finding cross-overs. A little pricey, but they're bike-specific, work perfectly, and fit like a glove right off the bat. www.fastfromthepast.com has them.
      Ya, Ive seen those but dont like them. Anyone else?

Comment

Mine are Raask. Were pricey (over 300$ in 1990). Had 'em on there for almost 20yrs, 0 problems, 0 rust/corrosion and love them. No idea if you can still get them. Only have pics at moment of one side. If you're interested (ie like them, can find someplace to get them), I can take pick of shifter side for you. Let me know.

Comment

Omars sells RAASK

If ya don't like Tarozzi then ya won't like RAASK either..

The GSXR setup is nice because the master is mounted to it..
          No funky brake linkage to mess with.

Comment

I was going to use these but have decided to sell them instead. I really liked the way they looked but am now going in a different direction.

Paul
            80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Hey Nasty, what are those rearsets off of and how much are you wanting for them? Jim

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, they are early 90's gsxr 1100. They are in perfect condition, straight and true.$75.00 plus shipping to your location.
                I have other parts for sale too. Pictures are at........

Paul

We really do need a rearset thread.
                Last edited by nastyjones; 11-27-2009, 09:30 AM.
                80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

i have GSXR750WP rearsets on my GS. very comfortable and look ok i reckon.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I agree, they look great. I can see however, that where you have mounted them moves the pegs back. I wanted to keep more of a stock riding position so I would mount mine closer to stock location. It's strictly for the comfort factor.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
                      I agree, they look great. I can see however, that where you have mounted them moves the pegs back. I wanted to keep more of a stock riding position so I would mount mine closer to stock location. It's strictly for the comfort factor.

Paul
                      so you arent after rear sets then.........i thought this was a rear set thread?
                      1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                        so you arent after rear sets then.........i thought this was a rear set thread?
                        Yeah, I mean that's the whole point of rearsets....

Comment

I'm just selling these to buy different ones. We all have different likes and dislikes.

Comment

I'm just selling these to buy different ones. We all have different likes and dislikes.
                            rearsets are rearsets, you obviously are not looking for rearsets you are looking to buy alternative footrests!
                            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Certainly not trying to argue, but as Agemax says, you want some type of different footpeg. The whole point of rearsets is to transfer the feet back closer to where the passenger pegs are so the riding position is changed to more laying on the tank like a modern crotch rocket, or an old cafe bike. If you want to just raise/lower/move an inch or two you'll probably have to fabricate something.

Comment

Working...
                              X