No announcement yet.

Lets talk rear sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily move them as far back as the pillion pegs....some set-ups move them only an inch back and about an inch higher....depending somewhat on the adapter plate. Some Raask sets too take away the possibility of having pillion pegs, depending on bike model. I would like to have them moved only an inch or two rearward, without placing them much higher....this would make the 1100E seating position ergonomically correct (for me) with Superbike bars. Though not at the expense of losing the pillion pegs....what use is a bike if you can't take the occasional hottie for a spin?
    Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
      Not necessarily move them as far back as the pillion pegs....some set-ups move them only an inch back and about an inch higher....depending somewhat on the adapter plate. Some Raask sets too take away the possibility of having pillion pegs, depending on bike model. I would like to have them moved only an inch or two rearward, without placing them much higher....this would make the 1100E seating position ergonomically correct (for me) with Superbike bars. Though not at the expense of losing the pillion pegs....what use is a bike if you can't take the occasional hottie for a spin?
      Tony.
      Haha!
      The ONLY reason I haven't put a cafe seat on my bike, the girlfriend wouldn't stand for it. I've never seen rearsets that only move an inch or two, but if you have, don't doubt you.

I was looking long and hard at the controls off this RF900 I'm parting out last night, and they look just like the same era GSXR controls, so betting I could fabricate a mount and used them as rearsets. The only thing stopping me is condition. Brake pedal slightly bent, and the control rod gizmo on the shifter side is rusty and slightly bent.

Comment

Working...
      X