Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chickenstrip View Post
    friend said there is a puff of blue smoke when changing gears
    I would not worry about that it seems normal. I think even ine with complete 1166 rebore puffs after 4K miles on the hard shift.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      I would not worry about that it seems normal. I think even ine with complete 1166 rebore puffs after 4K miles on the hard shift.
      Thanks I hope your right but a compression test on the weekend will end speculation.Nobody has mentioned blue smoke before and I am not exactly
      easy on my bikes even the old ones.We did about 400ks on the weekend and I had to add about 300mls of oil to get back to the high level.Have never done that before but we were not hanging around so maybe??

You have 2 very very nice bikes there

Comment

Relax, you just washed out your cylinders. The rings should reseat and you'll be fine.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Relax, ... and you'll be fine.

Those 5 words. Take them to heart. This shouldn't cause any lasting issues. Even if it does burn a tiny bit of oil it will be fine. These engines are pretty hearty engines.

Comment

OK but will still compression test it just to see.

Comment

Originally posted by chickenstrip View Post
              OK but will still compression test it just to see.
              hold the throttle open while you do or we will have a new thread about low compression

Comment

Working...
              X