gs850l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs850l

Is there a spoked wheel that will fit the shafty 850?
    cheers
    steve

If somebody corrects me I will be VERY interested in that news, but no, to my knowledge the G can only use the "mag" wheel on the rear.

Comment

I think somebody said that the Madura used spoked wheels and had a shaft. Might check into that.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

If you find an answer keep us posted for sure. I'd LOVE the option to convert to spoked wheels, just don't think it can be done.

Comment

To use the Madura wheel would require major surgery

Comment

OK, nice to know, but do you have any more details as to what kind of major surgery is involved?

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Cole is in the process of experimenting with a Boulevard wheel. The part numbers match through the series for the spline, its a 15" wheel with a disc, but uses a 170mm rear tire.. will fit by our measurments into the GK rear shaft/swinger assembly.. Might work, might not, but it would be cool if it does...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Cole is in the process of experimenting with a Boulevard wheel. The part numbers match through the series for the spline, its a 15" wheel with a disc, but uses a 170mm rear tire.. will fit by our measurments into the GK rear shaft/swinger assembly.. Might work, might not, but it would be cool if it does...
                Dude, keep us posted for sure, that would be a good option to have out there.

Comment

Have seen it on a couple of webpics....but cant find them anymore ...so HAS to be able to be done

Comment

Nobody...hmm us slipping guys

Comment

Hmm right been offered a gs1000g is that the same as an 850 so wont be able to get the spokes either

Comment

Working...
                      X