JT Motorsports - Ar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JT Motorsports - Ar.

Was getting all my GS parts from JT in Ark. but now they changed to 20 years old or later. Was slow delivery but good prices. I have 3 GSs and 2 older Hondas, so I will need more parts. They had a much better price than my local dealers, was delivered to my door. Does anyone else have a good place?

I have used JT in Arkansas before, but changed over to Partshark (Indiana) a year or so ago. They have good prices and service, and the same parts fiches you're used to seeing. I'm sure others will chime in on other OEM suppliers they like.

Cyclerecycle2 and Z1 Enterprises are also good for vintage bike aftermarket parts like brake pads, etc. Look around on thiw site for other reputable suppliers, and check out the "Deadbeat" category for ones you should be careful of.

Comment

You should still be able to use them, but you will need to have all the part numbers when you order.

When I had my 850, I went through the same thing with a place I always ordered from in Ohio. At the time, I was ordering over the phone. One day when getting ready to place an order, the guy on the phone told me they no longer ordered parts for bikes over 20 years old. I got all my part numbers, called them back a couple days later and ordered all my parts.

Bikes might be dated, but not all parts are. Alot of times the old part numbers will cross-reference to a newer part number and will be used on a newer bike.

Comment

All the usual suspects we all throw out there as well. Bike Bandit, Babbits, etc... If the part is available, they have it.

Comment

Here is my list:

Alpha Sports
          Babbittsonline
          Bike Bandit
          Carolina Cycle
          CYCLE-RE-CYCLE
          Flatout Motorcycle parts
          Full throttle
          Motogrid
          MR Cycles
          PartShark
          Partsnmore
          Ron Ayers
          Z1 Enterprises

Each of them has a feature that keeps it on my list.

Alpha is good for part searches but not for purchasing (they tend to be about 40-50% higher than anyone else).

Parts-n- More does not carry everything, but what they do carry, is cheaper, but they have a $35 minimum.

Bike Bandit costs a little more, but has decent shipping prices and usually quick service.

I have made several purchases from Carolina Cycle and PartShark with very good results.

Babbits and PartShark tend to be the least expensive.
          If you need small, inexpensive parts, be aware that Babbits does not charge less than $2.97 for anything, even if it's only 95 cents everywhere else.
          When I was ording a bunch of small stuff for "Freebie", I needed a lot of those cheaper parts.
          That 2.97 minimum ended up being about a $20 difference, so I went with PartShark.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Has JT finally cleaned up their act?

They screwed over a lot of people back when they were known as crotchrocket.com . That web site is still theirs, but it's been a year or two, so maybe they've finally gotten their act together.

As far as Suzuki parts, none of them keep parts in stock -- they're just dealer middlemen who place the order with Suzuki for you. Suzuki has to ship the parts to the dealer, then they box and ship to you.

I've had good luck with PartShark, which used to be called Flat Out. BikeBandit is usually OK, especially on small orders where their low fixed shipping charges reduce the total cost.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks to all! Am busy bookmarking! :<} I had a lot of these sites bookmarked but lost a hard drive couple years ago.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

cyclepartsnation.com has the cheapest oem suzuki parts I have seen. I was using bike bandit until I found this site. Comapre the prices, you will see a major price difference. I just saved about $10 per turn signal from cyclepartsnation.com comapred to bikebandit for my katana.

Comment

Working...
                X