Exhaust Baffels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Baffels?

Okay, So I took out the Baffel in my exhaust and it sounds beastly, but I don't know if it will hurt my engine or not? Will it hurt my engine or possibly destroy it can I run basically straight pipes? Thanks

Hi,

The increased flow could lean out your fuel/air mixture. This could cause overheating problems, i.e. burned valves and the likes. What color are your plugs? White plugs mean a lean mixture.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I just put new plugs in it about 100 miles ago, so would it be too early to tell?

Comment

After 120 miles on brand new plugs

Comment

Hi,

That plug doesn't look like it's running lean. Is your bike running OK? Have you noticed any changes in your gas mileage? Any other symptomatic differences since taking out the baffles?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have actually only took them out in the garage and thats all. I haven't run at all with them actually out. Ony idling in the Garage because I was afraid to hurt it.

Comment

you will need to adjust the air screw if possible,maybe tha air jet,if cv carb
              since the back pressure is gone there will not be any scaveng in the cylinders,and it will run rich,,maybe a rejet 1 size or so

Comment

Keep the neighbors happy and re-install it.....
                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                  Keep the neighbors happy and re-install it.....

Both my Parents have Harleys. This running straight headers doesn't even compare to them. So it won't have any effect on them. Plus that, we have already talked to most of the neighbors about the bikes before we got them to let them know and they were all okay with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X