Clutch info needed please, 82 1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch info needed please, 82 1100e

I have an 82 1100e with a slippery clutch. I can't find parts anywhere for a reasonable price. I can get the disks through the dealer for $250. I got the disks for my 1100g for $60. They tell me that the disks are the same diameter, but are the thickness the same? And does anybody know how many disks the 1100e have? Slopoke used to have some for sale, but I'm not sure if they will fit, if he still has em that is.
    Every site I have checked only has the fibers, the steels may be ok, the bike only has 12,600 on it, but it really slips bad so they may be worn, I haven't torn it apart yet and really don't want to till I can put it back complete. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bike bandit should have them. Also Star Racing sells both the steel plates and the fiber plates - http://www.starracing.com/Merchant2/..._Code=CLUTPLAt. You might also want to look at Barnett fiber disks. Personally I wouldn't go with barnett springs. I had them in my H2 and it made the clutch pull much too hard.

Good luck.

Jeff

Comment

The assembly dwg in my manual shows 8 driven plates (round) and 9 drive plates (11 outward protrusions).
      1982 GS1000S Katana
      1982 GS1100E

Comment

I did the clutch in my 82 GS1100E about 10 years ago. I remember that the cost of performance fiber plates was not much more than normal ones for that bike. I forked the (Then) $200 for the fiber and never regretted it. That clutch could hit hard all day long, and even held without a slip in the desert trip across Death Valley in August. My old plates would slip in extreme heat, like the trip to Palm Springs area (29 Palms).

Gods, I miss my 1100E. That was the best bike I ever owned. Never should have sold it no matter how hard up I got. Should have sold the son instead...

Comment

Working...
        X