Help needed in Los Angeles. This is serious, Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shirazdrum View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm still waiting to get estimates before fixing everything. Here's the letter i am sending to all the board members of the corporation. I will go to every possible media outlet on Monday to get as much coverage as i can regardless of what they do. If i can't get my money back, i'll give them hell anyway.

Mr. X

This letter is to inform you of an imminent law suit against the United Road Towing Co. in regards to the incident on the evening of Nov. 5th, 2009 caused by the Keystone Towing Company of Van Nuys, California. At 4:30 pm of the above date, .
    Dec 5th ....?

Other comment:
    I know that maybe dont want to get too detailed about the specifics of what you suspect happened. but in this case I think you can say "it appears they picked up the bike by the gas tank. This is about the same as trying to tow a car by the rearview mirrors." Maybe get someones attention that this really was neglegent, not just somebody that is upset about getting thier vehical towed, especailly since you are asking for an immeadiate judgement/settlement.

Sorry for you missfortune of getting such a dummy of a towtruck operator.

Sounds like a couple nearby GSR members willing to help.

Last edited by Redman; 12-06-2009, 06:49 PM.
    http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Good one, Thank you.

Comment

Your bike weighs a ton.
        Too bad the tank can't support that kind of weight.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hi,

I'm not that close (about 45 min. east of downtown LA) but I have a little garage space you can use. Send me a PM if you like. It's a shame that you've been treated this way. Best of luck to you and I will remember you in my prayers.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

First of they will blow you off... Because as you have found out they could care less about you damages.
            Your remidy is to sue them in small claims court.BUT
            to sue them in small claims court requires some time.
            First you have to request payment of the damages, to be paid within 30 days.
            Second AFTER THE 30 DAYS you need to file the small claims case with the court and get a court date usually 4-6 weeks later
            third you get to appear in court and state your case

Comment

Go to the media and tug at the heart strings of the masses.
              Go get-em Chris.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

that is f in terrible man so sory to hear about it
                217.00 ?? r u crazy lol i would make them buy a brand new (painted )tank at least ,thats damage over 300 im betting,they could have gotten a roll back and had no problems!!, they pay insurance so they dont care
                there costing you over xxx amount in time, transportation, damaged goods, renting a place to stay, food
                the list is at a 1000 now, plus a certified mechanic to fix it 89.00 a hour!
                , since they damaged it and its taking how many days out of your trip
                i would stick it to those low life motorcycle haters, bastards

and the blond at the towing company should give some lovin for her companies discomfort to you (hehehe) ok maybe im a lil over the line but what the hell, you dont stand for us lil ppl no one will

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. I lived in LA for most of my life and the impound yards are the worst I have ever had to deal with. Bravo to you for trying to fight the system because I always let them screw me.

Comment

sorry to hear about the damage to the bike, hopefully you can get back on the road soon

Comment

I, also, am sorry to hear of your problem. It sure must put the sours on an otherwise really memorable trip.

Like many of the others, I'd go after them in the media. Both the tow company and the LAPD. Neither would want bad publicity I'm sure and they'll fall all over you to make it right.

I run my own small business, a computer support company. On the odd time when I've been stiffed, I've been known to stand in front of the offenders place of business with a placard and handing out leaflets outlining my case. Works better and faster than small claims. You can win in small claims but still not get paid ( at least up here) as there is often no method of enforcement. Shaming them into it always works.

I think all GSers should e-mail these bozos and give them a piece of our collective mind. I'm going to.

cheers all,
                      Spyug

Comment

There's only one solution to your problem

Comment

Thanks to all of you, I have an announcement to make. The case was settled without going to court this morning. They called me and said that they conducted their investigation and didn't find anything wrong! But to make me happy, they like to fix the bike for me. They said to bring it in so their body shop can work on it and get it painted and it should be ready in a week or so. I said hell no, I知 not sticking around for another week and if I do, I rather go to court. I settled for $350 cash to get it today and not sue them. I知 heading there now to pick up the money and once the money is in my hand, I知 going to tell them to pay my $80 ticket or I will go on with my media exploit.(between us, I値l do the media anyway, f**k them.) Gotta go for now but I値l keep you posted.

Comment

Good to hear that it ended...well, that it ended. Hardly an optimal outcome, but acceptable I suppose. Good luck getting it back on the road, hopefully one of the local GS-ers can help get you rolling soon.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderfreek View Post
                              Good to hear that it ended...well, that it ended. Hardly an optimal outcome, but acceptable I suppose. Good luck getting it back on the road, hopefully one of the local GS-ers can help get you rolling soon.
                              Any of those that have offered based on location, could build that bike in complete darkness, using only a pliars and a pack of chewing gum.

Comment

Juicy fruit be ok :d
                                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                                X