Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gs100g.....setting the timing without points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs100g.....setting the timing without points?

will someone help me ................how do ya set the timing on a 1980gs100g that has electronic ignition (no points) !!!!!!!!
    help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: gs100g.....setting the timing without points?

I didnt think the stock electronic ignition had adjustable timing.
    If you have a dyna, you rotate the breaker plate and half breaker plate just like you do with a points system.

Earl

Originally posted by ddz
    will someone help me ................how do ya set the timing on a 1980gs100g that has electronic ignition (no points) !!!!!!!!
    help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

thnx earl.......im not sur what kinda ignition it is .......its supposed to have points!!!!!!!someoe musta upgraded it somewhere along the way

Comment

I baught a new GS 1000 G & a used 1000 E in early 1980. They DID NOT have breaker points. Electronic ignition & CV carbs were big back then, and all the 1000's, G's, E's, S"s & L"s had both. If there is a reason for changing the timeing, you can elongate the three mounting holes for the ignition plate, so the plate can be rotated.

Comment

points were used up to 1980 models.

Comment

I have a 79 750E and I am certain that was the last year for points for that model. I also have a 1980GSX1100 and it has factory installed, non adjustable electronic ignition, so I suspect the 1000 to be the same.

Earl

Originally posted by AOD
            points were used up to 1980 models.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

yep, my Clymers manual for GS550 covers both 77-79 and 80+ models. thats where i got my info.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
              X