Clutch cover gaskets discountinued gs 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch cover gaskets discountinued gs 1100

Called my local dealer today for clutch cover gasket I was told discontinued

I really doubt they have actually discontinued them. he probably just didn't wnat to waste his time looking up the part number. I have noticed that some parts are being discontinued but I doubt something like the clutch cover gasket is one of them. Try online at Bike bandit or Part Shark or Z1 Enterprise.

Comment

Today, 04:22 PM Kaiser Sosei I really doubt they have actually discontinued them. he probably just didn't wnat to waste his time looking up the part number.
      I agree, parts monkey busy with holiday season.

Did you have the OEM part number when you went in? I always have the part number in hand if I go to a dealer so I do not have to wait while they look it up and risk the counter guy getting me the wrong part because they do not realize motorcycles were made before they were born.
      82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
      81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
      83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
      06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
      AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

Unless you need the part in 2 or 3 days (which some dealers can do) or it's an oil filter, never buy from the local dealer unless you are just trying to be a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Called my local dealer today for clutch cover gasket I was told discontinued
          If you would care to reveal exactly which GS1100 we're talking about (Shaftie or chain? Model year?), the GSR Hive Mind can verify availability rather quickly.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I dug through the parts fiches at Bike Bandit, and found available clutch cover gaskets for every model that came with an 1100 engine. They're listed under Engine and Exhaust, then under Crankcase - Cover. Parts dude at the dealer needs to go back to parts ordering school, or find another job, stat.

Comment

Like the others said, he was too worried about selling somebody a new $400 yoshi can for their gixxer to do his job looking up a $9 gasket.

Comment

E L or G?
                I have lots of 16 valve clutch gaskets.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
                  I dug through the parts fiches at Bike Bandit, and found available clutch cover gaskets for every model that came with an 1100 engine. They're listed under Engine and Exhaust, then under Crankcase - Cover. Parts dude at the dealer needs to go back to parts ordering school, or find another job, stat.
                  See? There you go. The Turtleface unit of the GSR Hive Mind has already processed your request and provided the answer.

Kinda eerie, ain't it?

Next question, please?
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

A simple google search for "suzuki parts" turns up dozens of places to order the part from. Look up the factory part number for yourself and take it to your local dealer or just order on-line. Easier still, cut out a gasket yourself using a hole punch and some sissors - get gasket paper from the local auto parts store and use the old gasket, or the cover, as a template.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                      A simple google search for "suzuki parts" turns up dozens of places to order the part from. Look up the factory part number for yourself and take it to your local dealer or just order on-line. Easier still, cut out a gasket yourself using a hole punch and some sissors - get gasket paper from the local auto parts store and use the old gasket, or the cover, as a template.
                      Whatever happened to the printable templates? That would be a great! There was some kind of issue with sizing?
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

anybody posting in this thread needs to get a life

Oh .... I guess me two

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          anybody posting in this thread needs to get a life

Oh .... I guess me two
                          Is it raining??

Comment

Got mine at F B G even tho I dont see em listed on their site

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                              Is it raining??
                              clear and cold. I think it is in the low 50's so very cold as winter is here

It will probably blow through with blue skies in the morn.

Comment

Working...
                              X