what gas tanks fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what gas tanks fit

hey guys, does any one know will a tank off an 80 gsl fit an81 gsl. and what other tanks are the same. the wife had a little crash and wrecked her tank. any info would be great.

Re: what gas tanks fit

I'm pretty sure the 750E tanks for 1980-1981 are the same mount spacing.
    The tank youre looking for is the long one with the recessed knee spaces on the rear sides of the tank .....about 4.7 gallons, square locking gas cap....right?

Earl

Originally posted by suziq750
    hey guys, does any one know will a tank off an 80 gsl fit an81 gsl. and what other tanks are the same. the wife had a little crash and wrecked her tank. any info would be great.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Hey Earl,
      The E models have a different tank and are not compatible with the L models. L model tanks are smaller.

Comment

the tank i am looking for is an L style with a round cap. found one but it is for 1980L AND I HAVE A 1981L dont want to buy if it wont fit. thanks for the help

Comment

Suz, I just checked my parts pile and I have what I believe to be an 81 750L tank with the round chrome gas cap. If you will measure the distance from the distance from your front frame mount stubs to the rear hold down bolt hole, I will check those dimensions against what I have. If it is the same, you can have it for the cost of shipping it to you. (I know the petcock on it is crap though, so if your original petcock is IK, then you'll be in good shape. :-)

Earl

\
          Originally posted by suziq750
          the tank i am looking for is an L style with a round cap. found one but it is for 1980L AND I HAVE A 1981L dont want to buy if it wont fit. thanks for the help
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X