1100 engine into my 82 750 frame aka 7/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 engine into my 82 750 frame aka 7/11

Will my V&H 4-1 header (from the 750) fit with the 1100 engine?
    Would the header fit onto an 82 1100?
    Can the rear wheel be swapped onto the 750 frame with the swingarm for a wider rear tire?

Yes to ALL of your questions! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Cool, thx. So I have to decide if I want a 7/11 with cheap insurance or a nice 1100. hmmm I like the idea of a sleeper 750, but the 82 1100ez bodywork looks real nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
        Cool, thx. So I have to decide if I want a 7/11 with cheap insurance or a nice 1100. hmmm I like the idea of a sleeper 750, but the 82 1100ez bodywork looks real nice too.
        Anyone who knows these bikes won't be fooled, and anyone who doesn't know these bikes won't be able to tell either way what you've got in it. If I were you, I'd figure out what you really want the bike to do, and figure out which project will get you there with the least amount of pain and suffering, both mental and fiscal. Remember, you're building a machine, and machines need to have a specific purpose in mind during construction to operate at their best.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Curious Ray, will an 85 1150 engine mount in a 85 700 frame?

Comment

Not sure the tank / side panels will work if that is what you are thinking ..

Let us know if it does

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
              Not sure the tank / side panels will work if that is what you are thinking ..

Let us know if it does
              No, just thinking of keeping the 1100 as an 1100 because it has a title and I like the look of the tank / side panels on that model. But, then i would be paying extra$$$ for insurance for the bigger bike.

Comment

No, just thinking of keeping the 1100 as an 1100 because it has a title and I like the look of the tank / side panels on that model. But, then i would be paying extra$$$ for insurance for the bigger bike.
                With the low km that 1100 has on it, this would be the way to go....it probably is in great condition! Re. the insurance....if you are ever in an accident and the investigation reveals the 1100 engine, you would be on your own....the company could legally reject your claim, and cancel the policy. Just some food for thought.....I doubt the difference in insurance would be more than $25 a month, given the bikes are almost 3 decades old?

Tony.
                '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I am paying $50 a month w/basic on my 750. The 1100 would be at least $30 more per month. x12 is $360 a year.

Comment

Check out 'collector classic' status for your 1100 (may need a stock exhaust system?), if available in B.C......if you can wrangle that, it should be around $300 total for the year.
                    Tony.
                    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

on the insurance note. are you going full coverage? multi vehicle? when i added my 81 1100e the insurance didn't change at all. i also have a honda 750 and a 50 scooter on it and just liability. cost me $5 policy change fee. but then again i'm in cali so that may also affect the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                        Curious Ray, will an 85 1150 engine mount in a 85 700 frame?
                        Anything can be MADE to fit but an air cooled GSXR motor is WAAAAAYYYYY easier to get into a 700 frame. Ray.

Comment

On the gsxr note, there is a guy up here advertising a gsxr1100 engine with carbs for $1500. Might have been sweet to get that for my 750 but i was just waiting for him to lower the price and he never did

Comment

I noticed these two bolts on either side the oil filter cover on my 82 1100 ez engine. Can an oil cooler be connected to these? Or, is that what they are meant for, like an oil cooler option?
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

yep

Comment

Working...
                              X