Decipering Suzuki Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decipering Suzuki Manual

I've got the FACTORY Suzuki shop manual for the GS1100 series. It refers to certain specs and pictures as applying to bikes EO1,34,16 etc. What the heck do they refer to? I can't seem to find it in the book. I would think they refer to countries, but what is EO1? EO34?
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Originally posted by mcycle-nut View Post
    I've got the FACTORY Suzuki shop manual for the GS1100 series. It refers to certain specs and pictures as applying to bikes EO1,34,16 etc. What the heck do they refer to? I can't seem to find it in the book. I would think they refer to countries, but what is EO1? EO34?
    check http://www.suzukicycles.org/_misc/identification.shtml then scroll down to "country codes".....

E01 is a "general" export
    E34 is Italian

hth

Comment

This is the problem I'm having right now with my 82 Kat project. I'm trying to determine which wiring diagram goes with the bike. The problem is that while they assign country codes.....they don't stamp the bike with them.

In my case, I have a bike that I suspect may be a German model imported to Canada however the wiring I have doesn't match that of a German bike (E22). To complicate it there is no listing for Canadian models.

Its a head scratcher but not really a big problem as just about any wiring diagram will do.

Cheers,
      Spyug.

Comment

Country codes

from http://www.suzukicycles.org/_misc/identification.shtml

Country codes

The code that tells you the country for which the motorcycle was made for is actually not carved in you bike's frame or engine but can be found at brochures, manuals or parts lists. Here follows the list of the country codes I know of:

E-00 Japan (domestic home market)
        E-01 General (general export)
        E-02 England (UK)
        E-03 USA (America) except California
        E-04 France
        E-06 South Africa
        E-15 Finland
        E-16 Norway
        E-17 Sweden
        E-18 Switzerland
        E-19 EU (European Union)
        E-21 Belgium
        E-22 Germany (former West-Germany)
        E-24 Australia
        E-25 Netherlands (Holland)
        E-28 Canada
        E-33 California
        E-34 Italy
        E-39 Austria
        E-53 Spain
        P-37 Brazil
        Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

To add to the list I think E-27 is for New Zealand, cheers.
          Badgezz, we don need noh stinkin' badgezz!
          Shin-Ken 1074
          1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
          1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Working...
          X