No announcement yet.

86 GS450: Fuel in the Airbox Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you also have the cycleorings.com guy's GSResources name or email. My computer email is acting up.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwesside31 View Post
      Thanks for the quick response. Which hose do I suck on?
      The vacuum line connected to the petcock. You have two hoses connected to your petcock. One delivers fuel to the carbs. The other accepts vacuum from the carbs. Look...>>> CLICK HERE.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by pnwesside31 View Post
        Do you also have the cycleorings.com guy's GSResources name or email. My computer email is acting up.
        His name is robertbarr. His website is http://cycleorings.com. On is website you will find an email address... sallydog716-steves at yahoo.com. (Replace the "at" with "@" and leave out the spaces.)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassClifif

Comment

Thanks for that email info.

Comment

UPDATE with Pics

Here's an update with Pics. So I started down the path of the rebuild/clean, and here's what I have so far. Not sure what else to look for as it relates to my problems, but I'm hoping if I clean and replace the messed up stuff below, I can finally get some consistency out of my bike:

Comment

NEW PICS below:

Comment

Anybody have any advice on these pics?

Comment

I just went through all of this with my GS550L. I had the same problem. There is an excellent article on this website abouty rebuilding carbs. It looks like we have the same model. Mikuni BS32. Follow the article exactly and everthing should work fine. I see the O rings around the needle seats, (the parts with the screens on them) are dry rotted. This allows the gas to bypass the needle and seat and will leak into the carb throat and into the air box. A new set of O rings will work miracles. get them from Robert Barr. Easy transaction and you get all the O rings. I ordered a set of bowl gaskets from Bike Bandit. Once I did the rebuild I have had no leaking. Make sure that the petcock is operating properly. Remove the hose from the carb and place the end in an empty can. With the bike NOT running and the petcock in the run position, gas should not flow. If it does, it's probably shot. In the long run it's probably cheaper and easier to order an OEM petcock. Hope this helps.

Comment

Since my last post, I've actually done the following:

-Dipped the Carb
                    -Rebuild the Carb (Float Bowl Gaskets, Needles, O-rings***)
                    -New Suzuki Petcock

***On the Needle Seat O-rings, I used a regular O-ring, but when I looked at the old ones, they looked kind of square

RESULT:
                    -Turns over mostly with the Petcock in the "Prime" Position
                    -Seems like if it's warm, it turns over in with the Petcock in the "On" Position
                    -Idles best with Petcock position between "Prime" and "On". Holds Idle the Longest
                    -Idles with Petcock in the "Prime" position, but idles high
                    -When letting it idle, it needs to idle some what high, or I have to monitor the throttle and give it gas when idle drops
                    -Basically, the bike is STARVING FOR FUEL still.....and on top of that, Fuel is still getting to the Airbox, and draining through the bottom.

What can I try next? I'm in way more than expected, but there's no way I'm quitting or turning back. Thanks for sticking this through with all the help.

Comment

Anybody got any advice on the O-rings I used below?

Comment

Working...
                      X