83 GS750ES Rear Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS750ES Rear Brakes

Well, my rear brakes locked up, and when I went to release the pressure and take a look, they released fine. But now, no pressure at all comes from the master cylinder.

SO my question is, I am best off ordering the replacement parts and rebuilding the rear master setup, or is there a good aftermarket replacement that may provide better performance?

Thanks,
    Jay

not sure about aftermarket or parts interchangeability. you need to measure the lenght of the bolt spacing holes and see if you can find a master cylidner with the same spacing. i am guessing GSXR and newer bikes are smaller.

replacement master cylinder will cost you over $120 from Paul Miller.

check ebay for a replacement. that's where i got mine.

~Adam

Comment

A used stock rear master from a parts wharehouse runs about $60. As most effective braking comes from the front, I doubt the need to spend extra cash to upgrade the rear. I have had good luck with MidWest Action cycle and off Ebay in the past. Good Luck, Ed.

Comment

I just rebuilt both my front and rear master cylinders this year. The replacement parts from the dealer in my are were not that expensive and the project proves to be pretty easy. I agree with old school no need to upgrade.
        good luck

Comment

Working...
        X