Intake Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Boots

I bought new orings for mine. But when I took the carbs out, I noticed they have some rust on them. It might just be better to replace them.

Are these interchangeable among most bigger GS (850/1000/1100/1150) bike/other motorcycles?

Looking at them at Bike Bandit, each one was around $30 each. Is there any cheaper alternative, or is it wise to only replace one or two of them? (The two with the most rust, that is.)

Thanks

Rust isn't going to hurt anything, but how is the rubber?

Bike Bandit is a decent supplier, but they tend to be the second most expensive (after Alpha Sports) if you are concerned about money.
    Among the cheapest are Cycle Parts Nation, Part Shark and MotoGrid. Example: Cycle Parts Nation has the boots for $21.13.

Here, for your browsing pleasure, is my list of suppliers:
    Alpha Sports
    Babbittsonline
    Bike Bandit
    Carolina Cycle
    Cycle Parts Nation
    CYCLE-RE-CYCLE
    Full throttle
    Motogrid
    MR Cycles
    PartShark
    Partsnmore
    Ron Ayers
    Z1 Enterprises

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve is right the rust doesnt hurt anything.. the only thing i did when i did my two bikes was to take some steel wool and polish the rust off..Oh and be sure to clean the channel the oring sits in real well too..helps assure a more positve seal.. can use some rolled up steel wool there or a green dish scrubby and some comet cleanser worked pretty well for me..
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

The intake boots are specific for a certain engine. You don't want used ones anyway.

It's best to just bite the bullet and buy a new set so you can ride happy for another 25-30 years.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Alright, I will try cleaning up the rusted one(s) and putting in the new orings before looking into replacement.

I have a sandblaster, but I can also do it by hand as they're small.

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X