7/11 mid engine mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7/11 mid engine mount

Does anyone know where I could find a template for this mid motor mount? I tried OSS but those are for gsxr/gs mounts.
    I would like to make it and have it ready for the swap.
    I found a site that sells the mounts, but a bit pricey @$35, and I have 1/4" T6 aluminum that I would like to make the mount out of.

$35 sounds like a bargain to me...
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      $35 sounds like a bargain to me...
      A bargain? for a few cents worth of plate steel with 3 holes drilled in it?
      oh ya and a bubble pack with a stamp LOL

Comment

Depends how much time it's going to save you down the road messing around and working it out.
        Not sure I would use T6 either. Depends how much flex that mount is subjected to I guess.

Out of interest is that the only mount that you have to mess with or are there other frame mods needed?
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
          Depends how much time it's going to save you down the road messing around and working it out.
          Not sure I would use T6 either. Depends how much flex that mount is subjected to I guess.

Out of interest is that the only mount that you have to mess with or are there other frame mods needed?
          From what i have read that is the only problem mount. And some have said that they just run without it. Basically just a bolt in

Comment

bandits dont have those mounts...
            make a template out of cardboard and make them or pay the 35.00.
            simple huh?

Comment

Ya, but if someone has these mounts or knows if there is a place to find a template that would better.
              Last I checked my bike wasnt a bandit

Comment

Ive done this swap a few times & have always found the best way is to bolt the motor in then spend an hour making up mounts to suit as that way you are not relying on someone else getting it right, i usually use 10mm ally or 6mm stainless for the bottom mid mount

RE- bandits as they were mentioned above as far as i can figure its only the US bikes that dont use the bottom mid mount, all UK & eurorean bikes have it, i have no idea why this is

tone

Comment

Working...
                X