No announcement yet.

Engine work advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, have worked with folks like that my entire life. When those people gain the anonymity of the internet their knowledge level soars. I wonder how many people really mess something up because of this false bravado?

Comment

Thanks for all the good advice, gotta love this site. That reminds me I've got to make my donation. Seems like the best thing to do is remove the head and have a machine shop put in new, helicoils or Timeserts if I can find them. Thanks again.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        Thanks for all the good advice, gotta love this site. That reminds me I've got to make my donation. Seems like the best thing to do is remove the head and have a machine shop put in new, helicoils or Timeserts if I can find them. Thanks again.
        It can be done in the garage with a hand drill. The installing if the inserts is a piece of cake. The drilling you have to be careful to drill straight, so a press is great, but not required.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          At least you admitted that you were not sure about the size.

What we don't appreciate is someone who posts wrong information with an air of authority.

Some posters have done this, then, when corrected, were really offended.

Not sure that they are still around.

I am not sure, but I think I am still around

Comment

Working...
          X