cheap rear shocks????......am i wasteing my time & $$$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap rear shocks????......am i wasteing my time & $$$$$

ok so my bike needs new shocks ........well........i found them to be VERY expensive .........but !.....JC witney hes em REAL cheap!!!!!!!!!is it a waste of money buying cheep springs?..has anyone else bought em there??????? help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You didn't say for what bike, but the answer is still the same: EBAY.

Comment

cheap shocks

the shocks r for a gs1000g....1980........the springs have NO MORE BOUNCE!!!!!!!lol

Comment

You can get a set of Progressive shocks for about $200, including springs.
        How cheap is cheap? Under $200?
        Think about what they do, don't go really cheap and get crappy shocks.
        You won't be happy and it can effect handling.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

i was looking at those JCW shocks too, thier 80 bucks. EBAY is good but i don't want to put another set of used shocks on

Comment

shocks

I would highly recommend Ikon shocks from www.eurotechmotorsports.com They are about $280.00 and will be the last shocks you'll ever buy. You would also experience a huge handling improvement.

Klaus

Comment

Re: shocks

Originally posted by Klaus
              I would highly recommend Ikon shocks from www.eurotechmotorsports.com They are about $280.00 and will be the last shocks you'll ever buy. You would also experience a huge handling improvement.

Klaus
              The Ikons are Australian built Koni's (Koni don't make bike shocks anymore) and are very good quality. Due to the weak US dollar at the moment they are a little expensive at $280.00. A year ago when the Aussie dollar was only worth $0.49 US they would have set you back a little under $200.00.

The only shock that I have seen that could be considered better than Ikons are Ohlins, but they are ridiculously priced (over $700.00 US) and I don't think they are worth anywhere near that much, particularly when you can buy a good used GS for that sort of money on Ebay. :twisted:

Comment

Someone mentioned that Harley shocks will fit on a GS ( I have a 'GK'), but I do not know from which model they would come off of, but understand they are cheap. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
                  Someone mentioned that Harley shocks will fit on a GS ( I have a 'GK'), but I do not know from which model they would come off of, but understand they are cheap. :twisted:
                  And they'd want to be, I bought a sporty back in the '80's and the standard rear shocks with their rubber band springs, no damping and full 1 inch of travel went into the bin so quick I didn't have time to say "these are crap"! I put Koni's on it, and with some progressive springs the thing actually handled pretty good! Wish I'd kept it........... :twisted:

Comment

Shocks

Buck up get some good ones. Try Works Performance who can tailor the shocks to rider weight and riding style. Aluminum bodied Street Trackers for 380 or steel for less. Nothing can sour a ride quicker than sacked out shocks. No sense spending 80 for another set of boingers. Carter
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I'd agree, cheap shocks are a waste of money - buy a good quality set of replacements, even if it means waiting a bit until you can afford them. I put a cheap set of shocks on my 650 Katana years ago to replace the bouncy originals. They were an improvement but felt harsh and the damping faded away and I had to replace them again within two years. Next time, I dug deep for a set of Konis. Excellent quality, vastly improved bike, worth the money. And they're still on the bike.

Comment

thnx guys !!!!!!!!

well thnx for all the help & responds !.......u guys r the best !!Im gonna save my money & get a decent set of springs !
                        thnx again

Comment

Working...
                        X