HELP! Empty vintage Yoshi muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length of the stock Yosh baffle is 9.125"

Front end that slips over the mid pipe (I said slips over the collar earlier and that's not correct. The can slips over collar, the baffle slips over the mid pipe) 2.37" o.d. / 2.25 i.d.

The rear part of the baffle that is held by the Allen bolt is 2.5" o.d. and the center exhaust outlet pipe is 1.39" i.d.

The FZR pipes have smaller exhaust outlet dia. (1.15") but same O.D., Posplayr's experience is they will still work in the 1100.

Comment

Originally posted by kochic View Post
      Hi,
      The end cap-cannister assy has been machined.It should have the yoshimura name on the endcap casting.
      The baffle connect to your number 3 and is he'll. .d in place when you put the cannister back on.
      I will try to take a picture of the endcap.
      Marc
      . I was wondering as I had never seen that style . probably the best thing to so is find another can ;it does not have to be the greatest then cut off and weld on a new end cap;else find a nozzle style end cap to replace

The baffle should be eazy to replace

Comment

Your end cap should look like this
        the opening is 1.5inches

Marc

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif
        1978 GS1000C X2
        1978 GS1000E X2
        1979 GS1000S
        1979 gs1000
        1983 gs400e

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
          Sorry, this is a little off topic, but are the Marzocchi's on the rear of the bike on the correct way?
          I am about to put a set on my gs1000 and i assumed that they went on the other way?
          If they are configured like the usual GS shocks (top eye to bottom clevis), they will only go on as pictured. On some other bikes, with eye/eye fittings, and matching shocks, they can be used 'right side up'.
          Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
            If they are configured like the usual GS shocks (top eye to bottom clevis), they will only go on as pictured. On some other bikes, with eye/eye fittings, and matching shocks, they can be used 'right side up'.
            Tony.
            Thanks,
            I was wondering what was going on.
            Sorry about the off topic question again.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutler455 View Post
              I have the Yoshi 4-1 vintage exhaust but the yoshi muffler is an empty can. How do I replace the missing pieces OR find a vintage Yoshimura can that fits this exhaust? Any
              Check this out....maybe the baffle can be used on yours (may need length modded?)...or the entire can, but it shows some dents. I'd ask and make sure it isn't empty too, though.

Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                Check this out....maybe the baffle can be used on yours (may need length modded?)...or the entire can, but it shows some dents. I'd ask and make sure it isn't empty too, though.

Tony.
                That is disgusting

Comment

I have that exact can (looks like the YZ), still looking for the rest of an exhaust so might part with it. Almost decided I am gonna go with a V&H pro pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
                    I have that exact can (looks like the YZ), still looking for the rest of an exhaust so might part with it. Almost decided I am gonna go with a V&H pro pipe.
                    What dont like right hand turns?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      That is disgusting
                      I agree, but if he can use the baffle with his existing can, it might be fine, esp. at that price....as I understand it, he's primarily looking for one for his empty Yosh.
                      '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        What dont like right hand turns?
                        Ha!
                        It's more at this stage, with the amount of green going in the engine, gonna have to put off some "wants" in other areas and go for "good enough" for a little while. Not set on a pro pipe, but likely some kind of V&H just for the cost factor. May try and do a custom pipe using the Yosh can if I can find a set of headers that don't break the bank, which I have had no luck at so far. As the cost for the engine work/parts goes over $2000 and counting I'm getting a little sticker shock.

Comment

Working...
                        X