hand control, left and right, will 750 ones work for my 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hand control, left and right, will 750 ones work for my 450

will 80-83 hand control boxes mounted on handlebars work from like a 550 or 750 80-83 years fo rmy 80 450 ?

accelerator/starter button switch one on right side and the clutch handle assembly with interlock electric switch*

need to know if these two parts will fit on my 450 from any other sizes of GS bikes from 80-83 or so ?

my clutch start lock switch is broken and my starter button switch is too, the circuit boards crack in half for these i see alot of stuff on ebay for GS series 80-83 but hardly any 450 stuf mainly 550 and 750 but parts look similar or even same to mine.

thanks for anything

is a GS750 bike around 80-83 years in a salveage yard that is complete for 200 bucks a good deal if i want the bike as a parts bikle for my GS450L ?

parts like the handlebar control units and electrical parts like charging system electronis and set and wheels and tires and such ? stuff on it looks identicl to my 450L stuff, so,.,.
    its 2 hours away from me i went to look when i stopped at a yard ont he way over to keokuk IA yestersday, he will only sell complete bike for 200
    and is the only bike in the lot thats a suzuki GS

200 bucks black same bike as mine cept size of engine and has four exhaust instead of two.

thanks for any opinions/information

Comment

any input atall, on the bike for 200 or about what years and models controls are same as 450L 1980
      ?
      thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by fast68
        any input atall, on the bike for 200 or about what years and models controls are same as 450L 1980
        ?
        thanks!
        Many GS's share common parts and a good place to start cross referencing them is by becoming familiar with
        http://www.bikebandit.com A general rule of thumb I use is to seek parts from same model designation ie. "L" "E" "G" models. The controls while maybe not an exact replacement will often work. Good luck.

Comment

get a 650 or smaller.

Get a 650 or smaller. While I was looking for the left controls on my 850 I noticed that 650 and smaller usually had the same plugs. Not the same as my 850.

If you are interested in the left control I would unplug yours, and compare it to the one on the parts bike. It never hurts to check.

I ended up buying a new one for $100.00 and I am very pleased. It works better than my original one ever did. If they want more than a $100.00 for it ask them how many more years they want it to be on the shelf.

Comment

the parts on this other suzuki thats 4cyl look identical to those i neeed for my 450, IE. the hand control with start button and clutch electrical switch thingy, my start switch electrical circuit board is cracked and doesnt work, and my clutch switch is broken also, same thing happened, the circuit board cracked,so wires are pulled out of there and i have to touch the start wires together to start the bike til i find replacements

anymore info i need to know ? is 200 too much for a complete nice looking 4 cyl 80-83 bike ? looks like it wopuld run and drive, just as nice as my 450, clean, spotless. just that its in a junkyard for sale: whole only

thanks

Comment

The parts are probably interchangeable.
              Even if they are not exactly the same, you can splice the wires from the new one onto your old connector(s).

As to price....you can always negotiate.

Once you have it home, you have a choice to fix it and keep it, or break it down for parts. It is quite likely you can get more than $200 for all the parts if sold separately on e-bay. Doing it that way gets you some experience working with the bike, and you keep the parts you need!
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Check the hinge on your clutch lever.

Check the hinge on your clutch lever. I cleaned the switch on mine and it still didn't work. Next I replaced the switch. It still didn't work. Finally I noticed the hinge pin had worn the socket making the hole oversized. It was allowing the plunger for the switch to stay out far enough to prevent the bike from starting.

Comment

Working...
                X