Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge thank you to all you great guys....she lives!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this sounds overly negative, that it not my intention but...I hope you plan to pull the engine back down and replace that used head gasket since it's about 90% likely to start leaking in short order. Even if you are going to sell the bike to someone else the gasket should be replaced since it's a known issue.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Ed, I was thinking about that this morning and have my usual mixed emotions about it. For me, a lot hangs on if I decide to keep it or not and I likely won't know that until I get to ride it. If it does turn out to be a keeper, it will likely mean that I'll be wanting it as perfect as I can get it since it will be a replacement for the GS which will likely go on the block. As you know, owning multiple bikes up here is costly vis-a-vis insurance since each bike must be insured alone and there are no multi vehicle policies for bikes.

If I do sell it I will be sure to inform the buyer and will include a gasket. I may even do the work. I just don't know at this point.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

cheers,
      Spyug

Comment

OK, spyug. Here it comes....
        "Scots Highland Guardsman strides into the town pharmacy and back to the pharmacist's counter. He lays a rather nasty looking condom on the counter and says to the pharmacist ' I'd like to have this cleaned.'.
        The pharmacist is more than a little taken back but manages to tell the guardsman 'Lad, those are not designed to be cleaned; they are to be used and then disposed of.'.
        The Guardsman appears shocked by this and picks up the condom and leaves the store.
        Later that same afternoon, the Guardsman returns and again strides to the counter at the back of the store. He, again, lays the condom on the counter.
        The pharmacist steps over and says 'Well, lad. I see you're back! Can I help you?' To which the Guardsman replies ' Yes you can. Although I think its a terrible waste, the regiment has voted to replace!"

Comment

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!

Makes me wanna get to work on mine now.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Good one! Not too cheap are we.

It's really strange how we Scots have this reputation. It actually gets me steamed when I see the caricatures of penny pinching Scotsmen shown in advertising and cartoons and such ( Scrooge McDuck for instance) however its not far from the truth in some cases.

I once caught my old grannie taking a 2 hour bus trip to buy some socks that were on sale for 75cents (that originally cost $1.50 maybe) when they were available for around $1 a pair at a local store. My grandfather on my mothers side would make toast in the morning for breakfast and I was always facinated to watch him spread the butter on , then spend the next 2 or 3 minutes scrapping it off and putting it back in the dish. He'd make a big pot of tea as well and use the tea leaves over and over again during the day.By night time he was drinking hot water.

My father would never allow food to be wasted and would always eat all the leftovers. I've inherited a lot of these traits myself it seems as I hate to waste food and am the only one in the house to eat leftovers too. I hate spending money and will make do for as long as I can ( thus my reluctance to dish out $75 on a head gasket).

I draw the line though at sharing or even reusing rubbers Mind you, at this age, I'd never use them as I don't ever get sex anyway anymore.

Thanks for sharing.
            Cheers,
            spyug

Comment

Scottish Gma

Like having a laundry number on a Kotex?

Comment

Spyug,

I may have missed it somewhere but what is wrong with the ergonomics of the bike?

When I ride mine for the first time in the spring your wrists and a few other muscles might get a little sore but it goes away in short order.

However they can be front end heavy with that 19" wheel.

chris
                1983 750 Katana
                1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                1983 RZ350

Comment

Well I have lower disk problems and arthritis in the neck. Whenever I've sat on a sportbike the forward lean puts strain on things and it just feels uncomfortable. When I first got the bike I only sat on it for 3 or 4 minutes and it just hurt.

Now I've never ridden a true sportbike so I don't how I'd feel but the sceptic in me things it will be tough on me.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I'll let you know.

Thanks,
                  Spyug

Comment

"Well I have lower disk problems and arthritis in the neck"

Sorry to hear about that.

If you are going to put this much work into it then you have to at least drive it around the block.

Chris
                    1983 750 Katana
                    1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                    1983 RZ350

Comment

Working...
                    X