Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

handlebars, GS 1980 styl,e are too tall..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handlebars, GS 1980 styl,e are too tall..

handlebars on my 80 GD450L are huge and tall, dont like them but dont want drag bars either cuz thats opposite of being too high, i want something like only 2" or so lower than whats on the bike now, what about non-L models GS450 bikes- were those bars a little lower or straighter, and would they swap right onto my 80 450L ? my neighbor gave me an 84 harley handlebars but tey larger diameter tube

thanks
    for anything

the bars you want we call english touring 2 to 3 inch rise should be avail aftermarket here they are about $20 cheap as then if you want the look change to euro cables they are shorter

Comment

any place that shows pic of these bars and is there any way at all to use oringal L series cables with them?
      thanks !!

Comment

Visit a bike boneyard and pick what you like.

They should have lots, and they will all will be immediately available, not in a catalogue, so you will get the best selection, and you can take them home right away
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

i replaced my way too high bars just yesterday..... I felt like I was riding an old school beach cruiser and I went and got a nice bar with about a 1 or 2 inch rise.. relatively straight... I was going to pull some off a salvage bike but for 22 bucks on new bars I figured removing all the crap on my own bike would be enough work... all I can say is it looks hot and even feels more comfortable..... too bad it won't run now... How can swapping handle bars and replacing the front brakes mess the rest of the bike up?? I'm off to trouble shoot as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas
            Visit a bike boneyard and pick what you like.

They should have lots, and they will all will be immediately available, not in a catalogue, so you will get the best selection, and you can take them home right away
            a bike bone yard in IL ?? LMAO ! you must be joking..... ROFL ! not in IL< good luck, IL has nothing but corn and beans and tractors, and farmers, and cows and sheep, man..

thanks though

Comment

Originally posted by COgrrlrides
              i replaced my way too high bars just yesterday..... I felt like I was riding an old school beach cruiser and I went and got a nice bar with about a 1 or 2 inch rise.. relatively straight... I was going to pull some off a salvage bike but for 22 bucks on new bars I figured removing all the crap on my own bike would be enough work... all I can say is it looks hot and even feels more comfortable..... too bad it won't run now... How can swapping handle bars and replacing the front brakes mess the rest of the bike up?? I'm off to trouble shoot as we speak.
              thanks ! good info, say/.... can you happen to be able to get a pic of your setup ?

thanks !

Comment

absolutely I'll click a pic next time I get down there, probably this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by COgrrlrides
                  absolutely I'll click a pic next time I get down there, probably this weekend.
                  awesome, i appreciate it!

R

Comment

Working...
                  X