clutch basket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch basket replacement

So my old lady snuck on here and got some info from you helpfull folks and ended up getting me a new/used clutch basket for my gs850 for x-mas its in great shape almost zero ware but before i go storming out there all gung-ho with a wrench are there any things i should know? for example i heard you cant install the basket whole like you would ona harley or v45 is that true?

I don't know about your clutch .. but got lucky with your partner there

What a thoughtful Christmas gift

Comment

Man, good wife. If my girlfriend would get me a billet basket for my birthday I just might marry her.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonroberts1 View Post
        So my old lady snuck on here and got some info from you helpfull folks and ended up getting me a new/used clutch basket for my gs850 for x-mas its in great shape almost zero ware but before i go storming out there all gung-ho with a wrench are there any things i should know? for example i heard you cant install the basket whole like you would ona harley or v45 is that true?
        Hold up the basket and show it to the old lady and say,"what am I supposed to do with this?" Then tell her to install it! Dar

Comment

You do need to assemble the clutch on the bike.. It's an easy job

Comment

yea i just disassembled the new one, way less scary than i thought but what about initial adjustment on the cable? mine is almost all the way out cause its so worn

Comment

Assemble it first and then worry about adjustment. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. clintonroberts1,

It seems you've been hanging out in the 'Tips and Tricks" and 'Appearance' sections. That's why I'm late saying "Howdy!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

lol ive been a member for three years but i had my old password in roboform and lost it so this is a my new account thankyou though lol!

Comment

Working...
                  X