Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Hello and... here it comes... Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably have a #1 32mm carb body.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

There's been a back and foirth and different opinios on JB Weld. I used it to repair a float pin post and after about a month it had dissolved. Others have had no problem. I ultimately resolved it with a new carb body.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        I probably have a #1 32mm carb body.
        Wow, your in Bako to?? I'm in P'ville.... let's talk, I'll PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post
          That is the VIN number. They changed the format a year or 2 later.
          Copy. Thanks

Comment

So I did a little more work.

The wiring was/is a freakin nightmare... I have a feeling the bike was maybe in a bad wreck and a new front end was donated because the wiring up front was patched together with rolls of black tape and all kinds of cut wires that led to nowhere.... I had to trace each wire 1 by 1. Lame. I still have more work to do but it's mostly clean up.

I was tired of the back end so I chopped it off. Not finished with that either, I just wanted to get see what it looked like. I have some nice ideas for it, so I'll keep you guys posted.

I picked up an old harley tank and it looks real good on there, so I'm going to stick with it. Suprisingly I like the stock tank, but all my buds talked me out of it... Harley dudes.... weak....

I put the GSXR front end on, and have to tweak with it, but for the most part I think its going to work. I have to find some different bearings and flip the brakes around.

And last but not least I recieved the O-rings from Rob? @ cycleorings.com so I want to put it back together tomorrow morining and see if it runs any better....

Whew, a lot of work, but I'm stoked on it! The reason I'm writing all this is so I can get some input from you guys. Comments and suggestions are much appreciated!

Russell
            Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Front end.

Comment

Send me another PM. Deleted it by mistake cleaning.
                Porterville? I live right by the 65. Easy to ride straight to Famoso.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

A quick update, I figured some people might want to check it out.
                  The GSXR swap worked, I just had the stem milled down rather than getting a new upper head bearing. That was impossible to find in my small town... It looks pretty sweet and the brakes are unbelievable!

Welded up a little duck bill in the back end and it looks pretty good, I saw something similar in some random mag.

Now just have to adjust the valves and mock up a seat to complete. I'm stoked! I'm thinking its a cafe racer, but somebody called it a streetfighter...

Comment

Here's a pic of the ass end

Comment

How's it running ?
                      Larry D
                      1980 GS450S
                      1981 GS450S
                      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Ummmm, not good Basically the bike smokes to much...

I've been in contact with chef1366, and he's agreed to help me out a bit (he lives about 30 mi. south of me) so I'm stoked on that...

The rings are good, so I'm moving up the ladder to the valves... I think the carbs are "decent" but I am no professional tuner so we'll see...

Comment

Chef will get you hooked up. I've read, that for some reason, the 850's are a little difficult to get jetted correctly for the mods you have done.
                          Larry D
                          1980 GS450S
                          1981 GS450S
                          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
                          X