Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone switch to flushmount signal lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone switch to flushmount signal lights?

just curious here if anyone has switched their bike to flushmount turn signals?

i do like the retro look of the original turns signals, but i'm wondering too what flush signals would look like.

~Adam

Re: anyone switch to flushmount signal lights?

I have always switched out my rear turn signals to flush mount because the stock stalks get in my way and just downright annoy me. :-) The front, I leave stock since that area is pretty much taken up by the handlebars.

Earl

Originally posted by AOD
    just curious here if anyone has switched their bike to flushmount turn signals?

i do like the retro look of the original turns signals, but i'm wondering too what flush signals would look like.

~Adam
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

you have a picture of what that looks like, Earl?

Comment

You can go to http://www.denniskirk.com/
        then click on "street bike" and enter part number 210464 in the box at the top right of the page, click search and the 1st light shown in the top row is what I use. (you can click on the picture to get a bigger picture)

Earl

Originally posted by AOD
        you have a picture of what that looks like, Earl?

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

where do you have yours installed at? off the rear tail section?

that's why i asked about the picture.

Comment

On the 79 750, they're mounted on the sides of the tail section. On the 1150, they're mounted on the sides of the rear fender over the hole that the turn signal stalk mounted into.

Earl

Originally posted by AOD
            where do you have yours installed at? off the rear tail section?

that's why i asked about the picture.

Comment

think these would work good?

Comment

Those are LED lights and would not have sufficient amperage draw to operate the flasher for the turn signals. You could buy an electronic flasher module that will make them flash, but I think it would be cheaper and easier to just buy signal lights that use standard bulbs.

The link I gave you for the lights at Dennis Kirk are bulb lights, so no electrical changes are needed.

Earl

Originally posted by AOD
                http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=479087&BQ=mot

think these would work good?

Comment

how do i find the part numbers for the other lights listed on that drawing?

i want to change my front turn signals to flush mount if i do the rear. i have the fairing up front to mount them on.

what are the dimmensions of the signals you bought? i'm trying to get a 'size' visualization here.

~Adam

Comment

click on Marker Lights in the list.

that looks like the same picture from Dennis Kirk.

~Adam

Comment

there's a huge list of single or dual filament type lights. i think i just need single, since i'm not using running lights.

~Adam

Comment

Earl, i have no idea which light you got. your part number is for 'clear lense' yet every lense in that picture is colored amber. :x

i want clear lense amber bulb in the rear.

and smaller clear lense amber in the front.

~Adam

Comment

okay, i got antsy and impatient yesterday when i got home. i'm going to resume my search for flushmount (stick/screw on) today at work.

i think i'll check ebay.

~Adam

Comment

ebay lead me to a nice find...

rear turn signals maybe. 3 3/4 x 7/8

front turn signals. 2 1/4 x 7/8

i really like these blue ones, they wont match my paint exactly...but i think i should avoid them because it may lead to problems with police i'm thinking.

man those are neat looking.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
                            X