Lubes and etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lubes and etc...

Ok, It has been many years since I have owned a chain driven bike.

Years ago I used a product that lubed the chain great and did not fling all over my rear tire and rim.

How about it you chain gangers? What is it called, or what do you all use now. I cannot remember for the life of me. :roll:

I use PJ, in the blue can. (Think the black can is for non o-ring chains)

Got the E ehh?
    You find a windscreen you like?

Comment

Go get it Friday Night Pete!

Emailed those guys about a Wes Cooley type, no response yet Buddy!

Comment

Michael,

When I had my 77 550, my buddy at the bike shop recommended Hondalube chain lube. It works on oring and conventional chains. I liked it. It coated the chain with a wax like coating that softened for lubrication when the chain got warm. It did not fling off either.

Comment

I use maxima chain wax...absolutely no mess. I don`t want to put down what anyone uses but PJ-1,honda and yamaha lube are sitting on a shelf in my garage...honestly what a mess compared to chain wax. I`m not going to say which actually lubes the best but I hate that crap all over my wheels. MCN recently did a chain lube test...I think the wax did fine. Probably a lot like engine oil.....man lets don`t get that started again.

Comment

Chain wax. First clean the chain with a stiff brush and kerosene. (I do this every month or so).

Comment

I am with Swanny I clean my o-ring chain with kerosene and I lube it with PJ1 in the blue can.

Comment

Maxima Chain Wax.I even made a topic for it in the "Products Review section. I used the PJ Blue label and it attracts dirt more and does not protect the o-rings as well.Starting with a new chain,after 6,000 miles(18 months)I lost several o-rings due to brittleness.The only thing the PJ stuff does well is not fly off.
                Tha Maxima chain wax does'nt fly off either. It's less sticky so it does'nt attract dirt as much and I have not lost a single o-ring in 12,000 miles(3 years).No unusual chain stretch either.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Maxima chain wax. Easy-on. The chain stays cleaner. NO flingoff...None. I've got several aerosol chain oil products sitting on my shelf, too. I wonder if I'll ever find a use for them!

Try it on a clean chain. You'll never go back. Did I mention there's NO flingoff...None.

Comment

Check on the cans, some of those aerosol can lubes for chains double as cable lubes!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Munro
                      Maxima chain wax. Easy-on. The chain stays cleaner. NO flingoff...None. I've got several aerosol chain oil products sitting on my shelf, too. I wonder if I'll ever find a use for them!

Try it on a clean chain. You'll never go back. Did I mention there's NO flingoff...None.
                      bicycle chains, cables. work real well with motorcycle chain lube. I cant keep the stuff on the shelf. all the kids in the hood need there chains lubed every spring.

Comment

Working...
                      X