No announcement yet.

gasket set for gs1100, question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how the gear indicator is on the 1100, but on the 650 there is a small pin and spring that can disappear right before your eyes. Likewise my 650 has a pin to drive the oil pump, another small part to keep track off.

If you have never split a case, I recommend drawing picture of bolt placement and measuring bolts as removed to ensure they go back into correct holes. A piece of cardboard with holes punched is great to keep track as well. Just don't be in a hurry and you should be alright.

Comment

getting ready to split the case

just waiting for the threebond, next week.
      started to remove the left and riight side stuff
      question; do i have to remove the generater rotor to split the case? unlike the clutch side i didn't think there is anything behind the generater rotor that coud be a problem. (the hidden nut is between the shift indicater and the output shaft, there is retainer plates behind the clutch so it does have to come out.)
      scratching my head, any wisdome on this?

Comment

You don't have to remove the rotor.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thats wrench not wretch!

Thank you
          its great to have a wrench to ask these type of questions of.

I'll get on your case again when the next bump in the road apears.
          Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by randaroo View Post
            Thank you
            its great to have a wrench to ask these type of questions of.

I'll get on your case again when the next bump in the road apears.
            Thanks again.
            I answer to both!
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X