20.00 in my paypal for anyone that can draw me up a basic wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    Come on here; that is a Harley Schematic .
    And it's also more schematic than he's asking for.

He specifically asked for
    ONLY ignition switch, starter button, and only components that make the bike run,and charge... no lights, or anything else.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I suppose he needs an ignition switch in the mix as well. Maybe I'll draw something up later. Trying to watch the Saints/Vikings game to see who plays my favorite team in two weeks. Been a Colts fan since the Unitas days in Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Yes...that's why I posted the following:

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Just add a second coil and put your 3 wire stator were the alternator is and it's all good.
        If you really don't want any lights or a horn, just take those parts out...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

This should cover the bare essentials to get the engine to run. I'm assuming you have electronic ignition. You will need to figure out the wiring for 1&4 and 2&3 as far as the igniter and signal generators go.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
            This should cover the bare essentials to get the engine to run. I'm assuming you have electronic ignition. You will need to figure out the wiring for 1&4 and 2&3 as far as the igniter and signal generators go.
            I like mine better. Yours is too complicated.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              Good start; fusing may need some work.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Good start; fusing may need some work.
                Yeah, I didn't bother with much in that respect not knowing what he's really up to. Fuses between the battery and the ignition and starter solenoid would be a good idea. If he's using the stock fuse box more detail is needed.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2010, 11:15 PM.

Comment

the reasons i'm willing to pay to have it drawn out:

20 bucks is nothing...
                  want to do it right the first time, with limited wiring knowledge
                  want a decent looking diagram to pass on to the next potential owner in the event that i sell the bike, which is likely because i bore of cars/bikes quickly

BUT...

i realize i have done everything else on this bike myself without paying for a single service, and i have to learn eventually... so i think i may give it a shot on my own

just itching to get her running again you know?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbed750 View Post

20 bucks is nothing...
                    want to do it right the first time, with limited wiring knowledge
                    want a decent looking diagram to pass on to the next potential owner in the event that i sell the bike, which is likely because i bore of cars/bikes quickly

BUT...

i realize i have done everything else on this bike myself without paying for a single service, and i have to learn eventually... so i think i may give it a shot on my own

just itching to get her running again you know?
                    The diagram I drew up will work. I don't care about the $20. I only have a minute and won't get back to the site for a few days to go over igniter and signal generator wiring. Don't take a shot in the dark with the igniter. Just to give you a little more to do, if you have two signal generators the one to the rear is for 1&4, the one up front 2&3. If you have two sockets with 4 terminals in each socket I can let you know how to hook that up. Don't make a mistake with the igniter, it'll cost you big.

Comment

Just get a Dyna S
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Here is a really simple diagram I made for my bike. I'm not sure what is the same between our bikes but this should help get you started. One quick note, I'm using a car style ignition switch (turn the key to start the bike) so you'll see that the starter switch is wired in the ignition switch. Just move the wire connected to the "start" position in the diagram to a switch with a wire coming from the positive of your battery connected to the other side of the switch. I also have the coil relay mod worked in there. I think that diagram should be good.
                        -Theo

Edit: Oops. I realized the ignition switch is not labeled in my diagram. It's the one to the left of the table marked "dimmer switch".
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-26-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbed750 View Post

20 bucks is nothing...
                          Wow, not in my world. Please, feel free to send me as much "nothing" as you can possibly spare. Even when I was (well) employed, $20 was still $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post

I still say take the stock wiring diagram and use a highlighter to mark the wires you want to keep. Or maybe take the diagram and a black marker and block out all the stuff you don't want. It wouldn't be that hard to do, just trace backwards getting rid of things like the turn signal wiring and the wiring feeding the cluster. Remove all the tape from the harness and get busy.
                            Pretty much how I did the 850. Ya almost have to have a factory diagram so ya know for sure what ya *dont* want.

I had one blown up at Kinkos so I could actually see it posted on the garage wall.
                            sigpic

82 GS850
                            78 GS1000
                            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                            .................________-|___\____
                            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                              Pretty much how I did the 850. Ya almost have to have a factory diagram so ya know for sure what ya *dont* want.

I had one blown up at Kinkos so I could actually see it posted on the garage wall.
                              Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Kinda like this? Works mostly but there are a few details on the charging and grounding that need to be sorted.

Here is a Pdf version with much more resolution.

Last edited by posplayr; 01-30-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Jim does always seem to be the brightest bulb in the pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X