No announcement yet.

Parts identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many bikes over there, they made a 400cc version of the katana well into the 90's, I saw one in vancouver last summer and the guy said it was a 1992, it said GSX400S and I fell in love. He said I could have it for 3500 and I wish I had found a way to say yes.

other lovely bikes include an sv400, same bike just sleeved down cyl's so parts are a non issue.honda VFR400, again same bike, single side swing, v-4 just sleeved down. I could have cheap insurance and a wicked cool collection of bikes if not for the miles of ocean in the way...

Comment

Front twin-pot calipers look like they're from a Kawi Ninja. And the rotors are Honda. Just like the setup SaltyMonk sells. This is what I have on my red hotrod.

Give a shout out to Salty to get his opinion, and see if he has a kit for the smaller bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
        Front twin-pot calipers look like they're from a Kawi Ninja. And the rotors are Honda. Just like the setup SaltyMonk sells. This is what I have on my red hotrod.

Give a shout out to Salty to get his opinion, and see if he has a kit for the smaller bike.
        thats awesome but I would have to source a 2 disc front end first, and if I am doing that I might as well swap the whole thing. bummer cause that looks perfect.

I think a bandit 600 front end swaps over, hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by donimo View Post
          So many bikes over there, they made a 400cc version of the katana well into the 90's, I saw one in vancouver last summer and the guy said it was a 1992, it said GSX400S and I fell in love. He said I could have it for 3500 and I wish I had found a way to say yes.

other lovely bikes include an sv400, same bike just sleeved down cyl's so parts are a non issue.honda VFR400, again same bike, single side swing, v-4 just sleeved down. I could have cheap insurance and a wicked cool collection of bikes if not for the miles of ocean in the way...
          Dont forgot the RVF 400, a much better version of the VFR.

Here is a Yamaha SV 400 that i saw when i was there recently. I love the look.
          I wish i had have taken more photos, but i was really hungover.

]

Comment

yeah tons of retro stuff too. I will never understand why small, fuel efficient and FUN things never catch on enough in the states, because that is the only way they will ever be for sale in Canada...

Comment

Working...
            X