gs 550l wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 550l wiring harness

hi guys i am restoring my first uk 82 gs550l, the wiring harness was shot ,and the only replacement one i could find was a usa spec one. Since i fitted this one the headlight has been switching on as soon as i switch on the ignition, i can then switch the sidelights on just fine but when i put the headlight switch on the light seems to short out.Are the two harness ment to be different, is the usa spec harness designed to put the light on all the time when the ignition is on. I would be really greatfull for any answers you guys can give. Also is there much work converting the usa harness if it is different.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2010, 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Can't answer about modifying the harness but yes, the US models are designed to light the headlamp all the time. Legal compliance thing. I believe the service manual on BassCliff's page has wiring diagrams you can compare for the diff editions.

Comment

My UK spec GS550E has a Canadian wiring harness, that I modified into UK spec, but retaining the electronic ignition from the Canadian.

Having the wiring diagrams sure helps !!

John

Comment

Yes, USA is headlight on all the time. A good service manual has the diagram for all the different countries.

Comment

hi guys thanks for the info , at least i know its not another bad harness
          Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X