Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY it runs the way it SHOULD

Well, I finally got my new float valves for my GS550L

As I took apart the carb, I noticed the main jets AND the pilot jets are not the right size. The haynes manual says that they are for the LD model so im guessing some idiot previous owner swapped carbs not thinking to check the jetting!!!

BUT that's ok because I put the carbs back on with new float valves, hit the choke, started right up and within less than a minute (just for the heck of it) I kicked the choke back and it ran much better! Within 2 minutes, I was able to drive it on the road and it idle'd good!

Now all I have to do is get the right jets and fix the fork seals and dust boots and I will have a bike in ALMOST new condition

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help!!!
    -Al Conforti

Congrats! Nice feeling eh?

By the way if the bike is running good I would keep the jets and keep a eye on the sparkplug color too see if the mixture is correct. Wrong color? stock jets!

Comment

woohoo, go drive it now that it's running! check the plugs later.

Comment

The jets on 1 & 4 are different than 2 & 3 on my 83 550L. According to my manual the mains should be different. Mine were backwards when I got the bike but it runs much better with them in the right place.

Comment

Working...
        X