Fuses on GS450???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuses on GS450???

I can't believe it has been this hard to locate the fuses on my 1981 GS450T. I can't find them. The only one I can find is an inline spring-loaded fuse that is probably for the starter. My headlight and taillight don't work, so first thing I'm checking is the fuse - but where is it???

I thought it would be under the left sidecover but doesn't seem like it. I can only see the ignition coil, Igniter (whatever that is) and what looks like the turn signal flasher.

Help appreciated so I can get this thing on the road legally!

Thanks!
    Carl

Well my conclusion is that the GS450 has one big fuse! How strange.

Discovered my taillight does work, bulb just wasn't seated properly. I have no juice at the headlight socket though. I do have 12 volts at the headlight on/off switch, so I know things are okay up until there. Can anyone give me any hints where else to look, past the on/off? It's hard to trace the wires on this thing.

I've got a Clymer manual on order!

Thanks!
    Carl

Comment

Well talking to myself here but maybe it will help someone else! Found the headlight problem. The hi/lo beam switch is flaky. Futzed with it and got it in the correct lo-beam position and now the headlight works. I'll need to replace it most likely.

Amazing that there is only one fuse on this whole bike!

Carl

Comment

Shhhh!! Noone say anything. Let's see how long it takes before he cracks.

Uh oh, I've been spotted, Run away! Run away!

Comment

Actually, its pretty common as a lot of the older bikes had only a single main fuse. :-)

Earl

[quote="carlivar"]
          Well my conclusion is that the GS450 has one big fuse! How strange.
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

my 450l has only one fuse too. I am thinking about rewiring with a fuse block, just havent done it yet.

And I am working on the pic of the side covers I have. I sent you an email saying that my digital camera crashed. Just got to get to wally world to get the film developed and put on disc. I promise I will get to it.

Kyle

Comment

i use this trick i thought of when i had to fix my flasher wiring under the left cover and such: i take two blue crimp on type female spade connectors and a car normal small spade type fuse 20 or 25 amp and connect the female spades onto the fuse and crimp it into the wire i want to be fused, this is how i have my horn and turn signals fused, works great, enclose it in a piece of plastic and zip tie it all back and yay its good to go

good luck

Comment

Working...
              X