Pingel Vaccum Petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel Vaccum Petcock

Has anyone used one of the vacuum operated pingels and is there any benefit to this one over a standard pingel? I want to get away from the stock petcock I've rebuilt it twice and still trickles. If anyone has any input please let me know. If I knew how to add pictures I would, could someone take a sec and run that down for me too. Thanks.
    [/img][/code]

Type Pingel in the top box and press enter...voila

Comment

I don't know that the vaccum one will work on the GS. I think it's a Harley only model. I would love to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
        I don't know that the vaccum one will work on the GS. I think it's a Harley only model. I would love to be proven wrong.
        It may be that only a Harley can suck that much to use it...

Hap

Comment

How often do the original petcocks go bad? I've had several over the years, and never had but one that gave any problem. Replaced it about a month ago with OEM. As someone said in a previous post, an OEM is less than $50, so why fool with the rebuild? Rekon the Pingle vacum, on average, will last longer than OEM?

Comment

I can't see any value at all in going from one vacuum operated tap to another. Even though mine seems to work alright (except the prime function which never worked from new) and doesn't drip I'd much rather a pingel high flow "non vacuum" tap with an "off" and "reserve" function. :twisted:

Comment

Agreed - I've had 5 bikes to date and the petcocks on every one of them leaked. Some chronically and others just once in a while.

Jeff

Comment

yeah, one of the first things I do when I get a bike is change the petcock to a
                Pingel regardless of whether the OEM petcock is working correctly or not.

Earl

Originally posted by Mr. Jiggles
                Agreed - I've had 5 bikes to date and the petcocks on every one of them leaked. Some chronically and others just once in a while.

Jeff
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                  yeah, one of the first things I do when I get a bike is change the petcock to a
                  Pingel regardless of whether the OEM petcock is working correctly or not.

Earl

Originally posted by Mr. Jiggles

Jeff
                  That's the way I do it too. Potential problem solved.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                  X