Front Caliper Piston, on the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Caliper Piston, on the move

How easy or freely should the caliper pistons move. I am just looking for something to guage any success by since I'm rebuilding them. Same for the free gliding part of the caliper the part the piston pushes into the disc that slides on the 2 pins. Just curious. Thanks for any input.

All parts should move freely with no binding or excessive slop. Remember to lube the piston seals and their bores with brake fluid during assembly. The pins need to be lubed with silicone brake grease. P.S. Did the calipers make it to you yet? 8)

Comment

Just trying to clarify: Should the piston in a properly functioning caliper be pulled out simply with your hand and will the o ring cause the extra friction. The o ring doesn't seem swollen or broken but the caliper is extrememly hard to get out.

Comment

You should be able to pull it out by your hand, although the o-ring causes some extra friction. To completely take it out of the caliper use the pressure pump as they recommend in the manual.

When I got mine I couldn't move it at all with my hand, and had to take it to service where they took it out using their pressure equipments. Took lots of time to clean up all the gunk glued to the pistons.

Comment

Working...
        X