GS1100 1150? Gear Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 1150? Gear Indicator

I need a gear indicator that I can use to display all gears. I'm talking about the part that bolts to the cases on the shift drum. The one I have only has neutral. What year, make, model, displayed all gears. My bike is 1980 GS1100.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
    I need a gear indicator that I can use to display all gears. I'm talking about the part that bolts to the cases on the shift drum. The one I have only has neutral. What year, make, model, displayed all gears. My bike is 1980 GS1100.

Thanks for any help.
    82/83 EZ/ED have an LED gear indicator stock.
    I think my 750 does also but it is diff lights

Comment

All the sixteen valve 1100s I've seen has one.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Ryan;
        I use the switch from an 84 GS1150 on are dragbikes. they have a position for each gear
        bruce

Comment

My 81 850 has an indicator with all 5 gear on it also...

Comment

Like tailgunner I use the 1150 indicator plate on the dragbikes. I have a LED mounted near the starter pocket to indicate low gear. (I do my burnout in third) I also have a LED mounted on the side of the shift light to indicate fifth gear. I've punched the button looking for another gear. (I get confused easy)

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              All the sixteen valve 1100s I've seen has one.
              Not so Bill. My '80 1100E only has nuetral. Same bike as rosco's. The Suzuki engineers fell asleep on this one.

Rosco, I think I have the switch from a '80/81 GS750. But you need to have the lights on cluster, too. You got that?

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to wire up some led's for all the gears. I'm switching to a 1-2 auto and want to make sure I know what gear I'm in when I downshift. Thanks again.

Comment

Ryan: you know that we have them on all of are bikes
                  bruce
                  Kickstand Racing

Comment

There's one on ebay, but harness has been clipped @ 1/2" from plate. (probly salvagable & cheep) G

Comment

I saw that one on ebay, but probably too short. I've got one on my small tire. I use 1,N, and 5. The rest are cut off. I'm going to watch ebay for an 1150 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                        Not so Bill. My '80 1100E only has nuetral. Same bike as rosco's. The Suzuki engineers fell asleep on this one.

Rosco, I think I have the switch from a '80/81 GS750. But you need to have the lights on cluster, too. You got that?
                        My '81 1100E doesn't have the gear indicator either, as Tom said, just a neutral light...
                        '85 GS550L - SOLD
                        '85 GS550E - SOLD
                        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                        '81 GS750L - SOLD
                        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

ryan: they are still available new for about $45.00

Comment

Where. WHen I looked I found them for about 60 something.

Comment

There's one on my 82 GS650g.
                              5 gear indicator, Oil light and some Blue light(high beams?Cant remember).

Maybe try to snag one from that, I see a pretty good amount of 650's around....?

Comment

Working...
                              X