Fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel filter

I have two lines coming from petcock valve (sitting on bike left to fight) one goes to the front of carb2 and one to the back between 2 and 3. Where does the fuel filter go

I have two lines coming from petcock valve (sitting on bike left to fight) one goes to the front of carb2 and one to the back between 2 and 3. Where does the fuel filter go
    On the hose that goes to the back between 2 and 3. The other line is your vacuum line. Not too much to filter out there
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Fuel filter goes in the line that's between # 2-3 This should also be a larger diameter hose than the other (vacuum) that goes to#2

Comment

the filter goes in the fuel line, the other line (the one that goes behind carb 2) is the vacuum line that operates the automatic petcock.
        you need to find a good spot where the filter wont rub against anything or interfere with the throttle linkage in line in the larger line that goes between the second and third carb.

Comment

Yes it is, thank you very much.. i knew something was missing...lol.
          Anyone heard of "Taylor" plug wires for the plugs?

Comment

Dang! You all couldn't wait to jump on that one, could you? Three responses within a couple minutes of each other.....seems you were competing with keyboards!

With that said, looks like he got more than enough confirmation.

Cragar 8)

Comment

Taylor is a maker of plug wires for auto parts stores. Generic but OK.

Comment

Thanks Gary, I bought the bike with them on it, ddn't know if they were any good

Comment

Apparently, you dont have the latest software, the offshoot of the e-bay sniper program.........the GS Resources forum sniper. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Cragar
                  Dang! You all couldn't wait to jump on that one, could you? Three responses within a couple minutes of each other.....seems you were competing with keyboards!

With that said, looks like he got more than enough confirmation.

Cragar 8)
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Nope....but you willin' to sell me a copy?

Cragar 8)

Comment

Working...
                    X