Oil filter cover adaptor for cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil filter cover adaptor for cooler

I've been looking over the threads in the archives for info on an oil cooler I purchased on flea-bay and I noticed talk about the oil filter cover adaptor or conversion to fit the lines into the cover.Somebody mentioned they knew about buying the cover for $30 somewhere?My ride is an '82 GS750E all stock.Please help, I don't want to chuck the cooler in the garbage.Thanx to everyone.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2010, 08:42 PM. Reason: error

If you don't have the oil sensor on the cover get a GS1150 cover.
    Oh wait the 750 doesn't have the two taps under the cooler does it?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      If you don't have the oil sensor on the cover get a GS1150 cover.
      Oh wait the 750 doesn't have the two taps under the cooler does it?
      I was reluctant to answer b'cuz I think the 16-valve 750 motor is different then the 1100 motor. In fact, I think his motor has the high pressure oil system.

Hey Jayd, can you post a pic of the front of your engine? Let's see the area including both sides of the oil filter cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
        I was reluctant to answer b'cuz I think the 16-valve 750 motor is different then the 1100 motor. In fact, I think his motor has the high pressure oil system.

Hey Jayd, can you post a pic of the front of your engine? Let's see the area including both sides of the oil filter cover.
        Yes Tom, the 16V GS750 has no Banjo oil ports like the 16V GS1100/1150E's also the 750 has an electronic oil sensor (idiot light ) on center of the oil cover and the higher pressure will make oil seeps more of an issue due to the higher pressure.

This would be the ideal solution.......
        Last edited by posplayr; 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Oil cover adaptor

Thanx for all the help guys,I figure if the gurus can't figure it out I might as well give up, the machine ran ok last summer,if not a little hot in traffic,I just seemed to notice a performance decrease when it ran hotter.The cooler only cost me twenty bucks so its no great loss.If anybody wants the cooler,just send me the 10 bucks for shipping and its yours.

Comment

jay whats the cooler look like can you post a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by JAYD View Post
              Thanx for all the help guys,I figure if the gurus can't figure it out I might as well give up, the machine ran ok last summer,if not a little hot in traffic,I just seemed to notice a performance decrease when it ran hotter.The cooler only cost me twenty bucks so its no great loss.If anybody wants the cooler,just send me the 10 bucks for shipping and its yours.
              Well don't give up that easy. You're not the only cat around here with a 750. Someone has to know where to get positive pressure for on oil cooler on your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                Someone has to know where to get positive pressure for on oil cooler on your bike.
                It comes from the front cover ; do I get the prize?

Comment

Working...
                X